01 April 2008

TMI Tuesday

TMI Tuesday


1. How are your March Madness picks doing? or What is your favorite event?

I know this is kind of anti-American, but I don't do March Madness. I do know that all 4 of the top seeds made the finals - how easy should that have been to pick??

2. What is the best April Fool's joke - EVER?

I don't do April Fool's Day either - well, not really. I did make a meatloaf on April fools one year and "frosted" it with mashed potatoes and then served a cookie and tootsie roll concoction that looked like used kitty litter for desert. No one was fooled but they did have fun with it!

3. Valentine's Day - bogus holiday or romantic holiday?

I think it's become far too commercialized to be romantic anymore, yet I can't help but think how special it would be to get a hand-written love note, or a special home-cooked meal on that day. In other words, I'd like it to be a romantic holiday, but in order to protect my heart, I pretend to think it is bogus.

4. If you made any New Year's Resolutions have you broken them yet? or What have you done lately to make yourself a better person?

I don't do "official" resolutions - this year was no different. Kind of odd ... someone asked my just a few days ago what the top 3 things on my "to do" list were for this year. I had to think about that - I've been pretty much in "survival" mode since November, but here was my response:

(1) Maintain my weight loss (maybe even lose an additional 15-20 lbs) and increase my fitness (I could have counted this as two, but I'll play fair since they are closely related)

(2) Go back to school ... again. Since it looks like accounting is most likely where I will focus the next 10 years of my career, I'd like to go back to school and finish a BS in accounting and just maybe take the CPA exam.

(3) Do whatever I can to help Cam be successful in school so that he can start 7th grade in the fall with confidence.

5. If you believe in 'regret', what is your biggest regret? If you don't believe in 'regret', what do you call 'errors in judgment' or 'missed opportunities' in your philosophy of life?

I always hate questions like this. I really try not to have regrets as I don't believe they serve much purpose. It's not until they are seen as opportunities to change for the better that they offer any value.

Bonus (as in optional): Tell us about four things about yourself, one of which isn't true. (Anyone want to venture a guess as to which one ISN'T true??)


~ I qualified as an "Expert" Marksman, with an M-16, while serving in the U.S. Army.

~ I lost my virginity when I was 16 and it was a one-night stand.

~ I lived in the same house for most of childhood.

~ My parents are still happily married after 46 years.

***SPOILER IN THE COMMENTS***

30 comments:

buffalodick said...

Interesting stuff! The meatloaf was a good idea!

Karen said...

Very interesting. I am guessing the virginity is the false one.

Schmoop said...

The meatloaf ruse is classic. I agree with Karen about the virginity thingy. I think it was two night stand. Bada Bing and Cheers!!

Anonymous said...

excellent answers
I think you didn't live in the same house............
and I'd rather watch have to watch hippo's breed than watch basketball!!

Dana said...

Buff, the family enjoyed the meatloaf even though it didn't fool them!

Karen, virginity is TRUE! What's worse is I can't even tell you his name - I don't remember.

Matt-Man, you should never copy the answer unless you are sure it is correct!

Dana said...

SS, I did live in the same house from the time I was 2 until I was 19! You guys are making it easier for everyone else to guess the right answer.

Christo Gonzales said...

my parents STILL live in the same growing up house...

Real Live Lesbian said...

I will not believe that you're NOT an expert marksman. I will not. So it has to be the other one...and if it's not...I don't wanna know!

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Morning...Interesting answers here for my first visit to your blog...
I will say you were not an expert markswoman....but what do I know..this is my first time here.

Thanks for sitting on The Couch

Dana said...

DB, there is something about that stability that really appeals to me!

RLL, *DING*DING*DING* We have a WINNER! My parents managed to make it to 20 years, but likely should have given up after 3 of those years.

Bond, thank you for stopping by! I was quite comfortable on the couch. I've seen you at a few of my favorite blog places and thought it was time I made a visit. Unfortunately, you don't want to make me mad if I'm holding and M-16 *grin*

Anonymous said...

Well I'm glad it wasn't me that was first since you can't remember!!!
oh yeah
I was ummmmmmmmmmmmmm what 2 when u were 16??
haaaaaaaaaaaa

Jay said...

You don't do March Madness? Communist! LOL

I was going to guess the parents was the false one. I was pretty sure you were a marksman. That's why everybody is so damn nice to you all the time. You could put a bullet in our head from a long ways off.

Well, that and you're so cool. ;-)

Dana said...

SS, I remember all of the events, I just don't remember his name (EEEK!). But I'm still lost in thought of hippos breeding ...

Jay, I know I can get you from 300 meters, so if you stay farther away from me than that you're safe!

captain corky said...

I'm not a real big Valentine's Day person either. Although, my first real kiss ever was on V-Day, way back in the 80's. LOL

Doc said...

(without reading the rest of the comments)
I say the virginity thing because it was earlier....

R.E.H. said...

Yeah, I was going for the parents thing there - I was almost certain... maybe you have mentioned it somewhere, sometime?

Anyway... interesting answers as usual!

Dana said...

Corky, awwww ... how special is that??

Doc, I was actually kind of a late bloomer, but once I bloomed the flower just grew and grew!

R.E.H., see? You pay attention! I did mention it, in passing, when I posted about my mom's visit.

Ken said...

I read the post, I read the comments, I did not comment. That was this morning.
Now I see an addition of, **SPOILER IN THE COMMENTS** I read the comments and I haven't got a clue who the spoiler is, but I know for sure you could drop me at a 100 yards!

Unknown said...

Wow! The idea of that meatloaf sounds tempting, but so does sitting here on my butt. So tired after referee-ing four kindergarten boys in public places for three hours. Ah, me thinks we have pizza take-out in our future.

Ah, a fellow expert. Makes me want to go shooting again. I'm so rusty.

Jeff B said...

The cat's out of the bag. that's what I get for showing up late.

Dana said...

Micky, I can drop you at over 300 yards - stand back! The false statement was that my parents are still married - fortunately they finally figured out, after 20 years of torment, that they should really NOT be married!

Scout, let's go! I really miss shooting!

Jeff, better late than never, right??

Ken said...

Huh My parents figured it out after they had 4 kids, then tormented each other together till we all left the house 20 years later, then divorced.

Big Kahuna said...

Love the answers Dana - I am not sure which of the Bonus is not true but I would hate to be wrong about the M-16!!
You seem fully capable of handling that piece of machinery :-)

Unknown said...

Amazing how your "bonus" list fits me exactly, except for the last one. My parents were divorced when I was two.

LOVE the meatloaf and potato idea. I may have to try that one day! I bet it was SO good!

Dana said...

Micky, fortunately my parents decided to screw up only one child with their torment.

Big Kahuna, I'm pretty good with a grenade launcher too!

Bina, if blogging has taught me one thing it's that I'm much more like other people than I thought!

Unknown said...

No March Madness? It may be un-American, but I join you in your response.

Unknown said...

The meatloaf cake sounds like a good joke. I'll have to try it next year.

Knight said...

I am the same way when it comes to Valentine's Day.

My guess would have been that you moved around a lot as a kid but I already read the spoiler. There was never a doubt in my mind that you could kill me with one shot.

Dana said...

Nick, I am so happy to hear that my communist tendencies are shared!

Ashley, it really was fun! I used regular cake pans to cook the meatloaf, mashed potatoes to frost, and a little ketchup for the decorating!

Knight, what is it about me that no one is surprised at my ability to drop something at 300 meters with an M-16?

Ken said...

Funny, it didn't screw us up, cause they were REAL good at keeping it a secret. I'm to tired to think about this anymore!