11 April 2008

Blog-Fo-Mercial

Blogging is kind of an odd thing. I've been doing this for ... what? 8 months now? I think in those 8 months I have met more genuine, caring, intelligent and compassionate people than I have in my 43 years on this planet. Y'all know about my blog crush Matt-Man, but what you may not know is that he has started a new thing he calls a Blog-Fo-Mercial© The first one he did was for Vinny over at the Big Leather Couch for the blog's 2nd anniversary (you can see it [HERE]). It really was amazing! Matt-Man announced at that point that he would be doing the Blog-Fo-Mercial as a regular feature.

Now, this Blog-Fo-Mercial© is a cool thing, but I am not the kind of person who asks other people to do things for me - it's just not my nature. I filed it in the "someday when I have big gonads" file and left it at that. Imagine my surprise when earlier this week Matt-Man let me know that he had done an unsolicited Blog-Fo-Mercial© for me! And all it took was me posing in a Bagwine Ruminations wet t-shirt! Actually, I suspect Matt-Man is far more compassionate and caring than he might lead you to believe, but don't let him know I am on to him - it's supposed to be a secret!






If you haven't been there already, go get yourself some Bagwine and sit down to a daily dose of satire. Oh, and tell Matt-Man I sent you - it might earn me a few more ass-kissing points!

One more thing - I had no part in picking out this song, but Matt-Man really did an AWESOME job in his selection - this verse in particular really resonates with me:

Hang on to your hopes, my friend
That's an easy thing to say, but if your hopes should pass away
Simply pretend
That you can build them again



31 comments:

Karen said...

That was amazing!! When you don't ask for one, it is really a blog-fo-mercial from the heart....and what is better than that. I love it.

Lu' said...

Dana, I don't know you. Never met you in person. Only just blogged onto you a few weeks? ago. I think you are wonderful :) Love the 'mercial.

Leighann said...

I think it's fantastic, he did a great job of catching ALL sides of you!

Schmoop said...

"but don't let him know I am on to him."

Man, I would dig you being on to me.

It was my pleasure doing this Dana. I like ya!! I saw you mentioned S&G the other day, and you pointed out one of the main reasons that I picked out this particular song.

Cheers Pal!!

Dana said...

Karen, I thought it was pretty amazing too! It's kind of strange to see your life summed up in 2-1/2 minutes!

Lu, thank you *blushes*

Leighann, that was one of the things that impressed me so much!

Dana said...

Matt, I sooooo want to say something witty as "Thank You" just doesn't seem to do justice to this - but I'm kind of at a loss for words - any chance I could show you my appreciation?? *gigglesnort*

Schmoop said...

You show your appreciation to me every night between 2 and 4 AM. Dreams are a beautiful thing.

But waking up all sticky is a bit irritating. Cheers Dana!!

Kimmie said...

Hi Dana...I am Kimmie and I visit Matt-Man daily also. He said to come on over and get to know you. I think the video was beautifully done. I agree...in only 2 1/2 minutes he showed many sides of you. The song is one of my favorites and that particular verse that you pointed out is so very true. Anyone can be a Survivor of most any circumstance if they have the determination and courage inside of them. Hugs to you Dana. You seem to be a very genuine and caring person.
Blessings & Smiles,
Kimmie

Jay said...

Very cool!

I expect to see that ad running on late night cable stations. Like Fox News and maybe Lifetime. Okay, ESPN too. LOL ;-)

buffalodick said...

I didn't think you needed a commercial- but it was pretty darn good!

Dana said...

Matt-Man, I have a scheduled dream time and you last TWO HOURS?? Damn!

Kimmie, thanks for visiting! I hope you find something here that makes you want to come back!

Jay, I can just see my "Turtle Frenzie" being the talk of ESPN *wink*

Dana said...

Buff, thank you!

Casdok said...

My timeing sucks too!! :)

As American as Apple Pie said...

Dana--that is most awesome! Matt-man did a great job of incorporating all parts of you. Of course, I'm sure there are still more to come. I'm looking forward to it!

Tequila Mockingbird said...

what an awesome idea!

Dana said...

Casdok, I wish you the best!!

Apple, well, you've seen some of those parts on HNT *giggle* I was most impressed with the balance of the presentation!

Tequila, it is! Go visit Matt and tell him you need one!!

Librarian Lee said...

Fabulous work - from both of you!

Anonymous said...

Love the Blog-Fo-Mercial© and Love you blog!!

Single

Ken said...

This really is a funny place [blogging] and how easy to get attached to new friends. In a very distant, sort of way!
I want to meet you all!
"Big Party At My House" who's buying?

Lu' said...

I would if you could just get my ass there :(

captain corky said...

That was really impressive!

jillie said...

I think Matt did an awesome job!! Love it and the music choice was pretty sensational.

Have a good wknd ;o)

MrRyanO said...

That was really cool!

Jeff B said...

Saw this at Mateo's this morning. Very cool, but with you as the focal point how could it be anything less.

Dana said...

Lee, Matt-Man is the real master!

Single, thank you so much! I love my blog visitors!!

Micky, I'll buy ... especially since I know you are in a much warmer place than I am!

Dana said...

Corky, it almost made me look important, didn't it??

Jillie, Matt-Man is just one talented guy. I'm waiting for him to really screw something up one of these days!

RD, I thought so! I bet if you befriended Matt-Man he'd hook you up!

Dana said...

Jeff, you are so full of sh ... I mean you are so nice!!! But now I know you read Mateo early in the morning and leave me just sitting around waiting. That's OK ... *wink*

Odat said...

Just dropping in to let you know I think Matt did a fantastic job on your blog-fomercial!!!!
Peace

Real Live Lesbian said...

Saw it over at Matt's and he did an amazing job with you! Of course, he had great subject matter!

Unknown said...

Dana, I saw Matt-Man’s creation for you on his blog. May I suggest that you add it to your side bar so new comers to your blog may view it?

Anndi said...

Love it... you're a star babe!