15 April 2008

TMI Tuesday

TMI Tuesday



1. Did you have to pay or did you get money back?


Got money back on the Federal taxes (enough to pay off the balance of the taxes still owed for 2006) and owed $83 on the State Taxes. My goal is to ALWAYS be +/- $100 when I file taxes. I prefer to use my own money during the year rather than allowing the government to use it - interest free!


2. What was your biggest financial mistake?


Not acknowledging the difference between want and need.


3. Are you a screamer?


Only in bed *wink*


4. What part of your body, other than your genitals, do you love to have touched?


My heart and soul ... emotionally ... my head (including my face) physically. Want to get me in the mood? Brushing my hair will do it!


What part of a partner's body, other than their genitals, do you love to touch?


Again, I would say his/her heart and soul. Physically? Wherever it is that they most like to be touched.


5. What commercial catch phrase best describes your life?


"Sometimes you feel like a nut. Sometimes you don't."


Bonus (as in optional): What was the last thing you took without permission?


A pair of my husband's dress socks. Although his socks are really nice, I really need to buy my own.


What was the last thing taken from you without your permission?


Money - indirectly. My son downloaded a song from iTunes and the money came directly out of my checking account. We've had this discussion before, so this song will cost him DOUBLE what it would have had he asked first. The next one will cost triple, and so on ...



*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*


A Special birthday wish to Os!! He is best known for Half-Nekkid Thursday, but there is much, much more to the man! I hope that you have a very special day and that this year brings many good things to your life!

Your gift will be late, but it is on the way!


25 comments:

buffalodick said...

Dana- The want and need is something I preach to any that listen! When you realize half of our advertising is geared to make you think you can't live without it, the cycle is briken..

Dana said...

Buff, although I learned this lesson, it wasn't until after I had racked up over $20K in credit card debt. Slowly but surely I am recovering from that lesson - I just hope it is a lesson I am able to instill in my som before he has to learn it himself.

Karen said...

Dana, don't be too rough on your son. At 33 years old - living on my own and having my own money, I still try to scam my dad's credit card away from him for a little shopping. Though, I do ask first.

Dana said...

Karen, shame on you! Had he asked, it wouldn't have been a problem!!

buffalodick said...

My eldest(the U of M grad) never embraced it until he was making 80K. He told me- Dad, when you can finally afford what you thought you wanted- you don't want it near as bad... I think we all go through phases in our lives where we are convinced we don't have enough. You either end up a victim of your greed and fear, or you learn that after food, shelter, clothing,your health, and people who care for you- everything else is a "want"...

Schmoop said...

I would like to post a funny comment, but I am in a hurry to go out and by a hair brush. I'll be right over. Cheers!!

Dana said...

Buff, I think the lesson came to me when I had everything (material) and lost it all - even spent some time living in my car (which the repo man was tracking down). It was at that moment that I realized none of the "stuff" mattered. I'm still recovering from it though.

Matt-Man, you brush me LONG time?? *wink*

Phfrankie Bondo said...

...want and need...yep, there's a concept to ponder...the lines between can become fuzzy...

Leighann said...

**taking notes**

Unknown said...

Dana,

Can you give me pionters on only paying or receiving that much???

Want and need. I could SO go there, but I won't. I could damn sure make a post out of it though! LOL

Happy Birthday Os!!

Dana said...

Phfrankie, the line often becomes fuzzy!

Leighann, on the hair brushing??

Bina, it's easiest when your tax status isn't likely to change in the coming year. I'll see if I can't find an on-line resource for you to check out and I'll forward it to you!

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

DANA: Great answers...Does your husband wear Gold-Toes socks I wonder...

Have been lurking here, but it is time you are linked at The Couch... You are feisty..I like that.

And good luck finding out "Is It Worth It?"

Dana said...

Bond, they aren't Gold-Toes - they are a silk blend and they feel sooooo good on my feet!

Thank you for the link, but trust me ... you haven't seen feisty yet!

Jay said...

Yeah, we all have that same battle with the whole need/think thing. Although I'm still pretty sure that I really do need that big screen TV. ;-)

Dana said...

Jay, well I'm pretty sure I "need" that new laptop too, but I'm trying to convince myself it is only a want!

Doc said...

Should we start calling you "Mounds" or "Almond Joy" ?

Dana said...

Doc, how about "Mounds of Joy"?!?!

Osbasso said...

I'm glad someone else questioned the socks! And the "Mounds of Joy" will simply have to go without comment...

Thanks for the bday wishes! Cake and beer, all in one. How much better could that be? Looking forward to "soon"!

Dana said...

Os, I kind of liked "Mounds of Joy" myself! Soon should be in a day or two!

R.E.H. said...

Sweet! A beer-cake! Why don't I get cool birthday cakes like that? ;)

Fun and interesting answers as usual!

Christo Gonzales said...

lessons learned thats fo' sho'

captain corky said...

"Brushing my hair will do it!"

Can I brush your hair? I promise not to pull to hard. ;)

Lu' said...

Good way to handle bonus question part 2.

Dana said...

R.E.H., Let me know when your birthday is and you might just get one!

DB, Ummm ... yeah ... the hard way. I like my Craig's List and yard sale style much better now! I'd rather own it than make payments on it.

Corky, a little tug here and there ... bonus points!

Dana said...

Lu, know what I got for a response?? But you would have let me have it for free if I would have asked! Ummmm, yeah ... so tell me again why you didn't ask??