28 February 2011

Screw the Oscar's - It's a Bloggie!

~*~*~

While some of you were watching the Oscars - picking apart the celebrities for their imperfections and mocking their fame - something really important happened.

Besides me falling asleep in the recliner at 8:30 ...

Band Back Together won a Bloggie in the Best-Kept Secret Weblog category.


It seems kind of corny to spew a long list of thank yous, but I do want to acknowledge those of you who who retweeted and reblogged my pleas for votes (Jay and Lust Not Found come to mind, but I know there were many more of you).

Band Back Together, conceived by our own Aunt Becky, is unlike any other blog out there. It's a place where people can share their stories - those sometimes dark, always empowering stories many of us keep locked up most of our lives. Those stories that need to be heard. Those stories that allow people to connect - to feel less alone - and to find resources they may not be aware of.

I'm not ashamed to admit my own personal pride in Band Back Together's Bloggie win. Three years ago I never imagined being a part of something so meaningful to so many people - not as a contributor and certainly not as an editor. But far more important than my personal contribution? The stories. The stories of every single person who has been published, every single person who will be published, and every single reader who stops by and feels some validation, some comfort, after reading a story.

I am so privileged to be a part of that.

~*~*~

8 comments:

Sunday Koffron Taylor said...

BandBackTogether is great stuff, and how I found you. Congratulations to Aunt Becky and all of the people who contribute to make it the oasis of compassion and support that it is.

Schmoop said...

Yay and Congrats to all. Cheers Dana!!

Sujomi said...

Yayayaayay! Congrats!

Jay said...

Woo-Hoooooo! Congrats!

Mike said...

Alright!!

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

they like you...they really really like you

we're doomed said...

Congrats.

Aunt Becky said...

You best get your sparkly dress on, mah friend, because we have some PARTYING TO DO.

I'm still in shock and awe and HOLY FUCKBALLS, YO.

Thank you, seriously, for everything.

Also: I have no idea what profile this is going to post as. I'll be a Mysterious Stranger, perhaps.