05 February 2011

Action Jeans



~*~*~


Hey!

Where have y'all been?

What? Y'all have been around, but I haven't? Maybe if I had a pair of Chuck Norris' ACTION JEANS I'd be kicking ass and taking names, but alas, my pajama jeans aren't having the same effect.

So, what's been going on?

I've been at somewhat of a crossroads - feeling kind of like I'm standing at an intersection in an unfamiliar city - looking left - looking right - trying to decide which way to go to find the nearest Starbucks.

The problem? I'm so worried about choosing he wrong path that I'm not getting any closer to that Trenta!

The good news? One of my 2011 "To-Do" items has been crossed off the list! I joined the gym - specifically a Snap Fitness 24.7 gym here in Podunk. I've been getting up at 5AM weekdays to spend an hour on me. I even purchased my first iPod - a Shuffle - and am scavenging the library for free music to add to it!

If there is good news you know there is going to be not-so-good news, right?

In the past few weeks I've learned that talking to your kid about smoking pot - telling him that you don't approve of it - that you won't allow it in you your home - but that you realize you are helpless to keep him from doing it when you're not right there on his ass, translates into "My mom doesn't mind if I smoke pot as long as I don't do it at our house" when run through the brain of a 14-year old.

And that translation? When shared with the substance abuse counselor at a Therapeutic Day School? Results in mandated reporting to DCFS for child neglect and an ensuing DCFS investigation.

Not a place I thought I'd find myself after removing Cam from an abusive home where DCFS should have been called but never was.

I expect the results of the investigation will be "unfounded", however that doesn't make the process any less stressful.

I'm about to take a hard left at that intersection.

Maybe I'll run in to Chuck Norris and his Action Jeans ...

~*~*~

15 comments:

Another Suburban Mom said...

Maybe its time to explain to Cam about the wonders of military school, and how that is where he'll be going if he continues down this path.

Gina said...

I would comment on this post but my liberal views would probably get my own DCFS worker door-knocking. So. Yeah. Good luck.

we're doomed said...

Cops hate the DCFS. And there is a a very good reason for this!

Mike said...

Where is Cam getting the money to buy this shit?

I like your new picture. You look like a TV news person.

Schmoop said...

Chcuk is one bad mutha---Shut your mouth. Oh wait, that was Shaft. Have a weekend. Cheers Dana!!

k bare said...

sigh. my thoughts have been with you since i read this - this morning...

i wish i had some wonderful words to say.

just.
ugh.

Jormengrund said...

I can't stand it when some bureaucrat decides to poke their nose into family business. I mean, over half of these "qualified" people have the most dysfunctional families known to man, and yet they have the moxy to try to tell us how best to raise our own kids while theirs rot!

Do your best, and Cam will know in the end what he should do. The hardest part about parenting is finding the patience and understanding to know when and how to let go.

Best wishes Dana!

Dana said...

Another Suburban Mom, Cam had a few "Come to Jesus" moments the last few weeks, including foster care and what happens if you run away from foster care.

Gina, I'll likely blog more about this once he investigation is complete, but let's just say it's been interesting watching this all play out.

we're doomed, although I understand the necessity of DCFS, I can see that there might be many conflicts with law enforcement goals.

Dana said...

Mike, selling his XBox games, Christmas money from Grandma ... God only knows what else ...

Matt-Man, I need Chuck ... NOW!

Dana said...

k bare, UGH pretty much sums it up!

Jormengrund, Ohhhh ... I'm in he letting go mode now. My exact words were, "I have no problem throwing you under the bus for this!"

Maggie said...

As the kid in a situation sorta like this, I understand the frustration of being called for something that seems stupid in comparison to other things that have happened. The only time CPS was called was when my sister had an accident while under my dad's care (I wasn't there but it did seem slightly shady). Not for any of the truly dangerous times, not for any of the times where I wished and hoped for someone to notice and help. And they really couldn't do anything about the other times, just write it down and file it away because they were only investigating the one instance.

Anyway, I hope this all works out.

desert rat said...

Ahhh... crap! (And that's an understatement.) I've never been a parent, so I have no words of advice but it seems to me like just more shit you have to deal with and which sucks worse than my Hoover.

BTW, I am thrilled you joined the gym - good for you! And I love your new photo! It's beautiful!

Karen said...

Wow. I hope all things work out for the best. You deserve some easy times instead of a new problem around every corner.

Lu' said...

...if it isn't one thing...
Ha aren't I original. thinking of you Dana :)

Deech said...

Good luck with this...Man this has to be frustrating as hell!