19 February 2011

Friday Wrap-Up (Saturday Edition)

~*~*~

It's been a while since I wrote one of these, probably because I have far too many loose ends these days. It feels like nothing is wrapped up which, in my world, equates to feelings of chaos.

~*~

The DCFS interview went ... well? I don't know how those things are supposed to go. I was interviewed over the phone - Cam was interviewed on the same day at school. Questions to me included things like, "Do you support Cam's use of drugs by buying them for him or supplying money to him so that he can buy them?", "Do you have a criminal record?" (at which point I was required to give my SSN so that they could run a criminal records check), and my favorite, "Do you understand that if we find the allegations of child endangerment to be founded, we will remove your son from the home?"

If you read this Sunday Secret, you know how I responded.

I have yet to receive the final determination from DCFS - they informed me that they have up to six weeks to provide their results from the investigation. We shall see.

~*~

I'm trying to take a little better care of myself these days. I'm going to the gym almost daily and, occasionally, spending a little time and $$ on myself (last week's mani/pedi was a start).

Yet there is one thing on my To-Do List that would go a long way in taking care of myself that I continue to procrastinate ... routine medical and dental visits. I'm starting to consider that my "downness" may originate from an un-addressed medical issue ... which concerns me ... and makes it difficult to make the call.

Bottom line? I'm afraid I'll find out that the way I feel will either be diagnosed as crazy ... or worse yet ... normal.

I think I'd rather find out I'm crazy.

~*~

I want to take a minute to acknowledge the amazing generosity of two of my readers (you know who you are). Both, after reading my Big Fat Ugly Cow post, took it upon themselves to help me, take care of me. They each sent a care package containing things I think they both knew I would never buy myself. One included a letter - a letter I read regularly for inspiration and support.

I was taken aback by the heartfelt generosity of them both, as well as that of each of you who left comments on that post.

~*~

I think it's time for peanut butter toast! Have a great weekend buckaroos!

~*~*~

3 comments:

Vol-E said...

Yes, you should incorporate more healthcare-related activities into your life. The reason: Age sneaks up on you. I never had any serious health problems until the last 5 years or so. Now I'm contending with type 2 diabetes, osteoarthritis, hypothyroidism and perimenopause. Not just that, but my general body chemistry has changed, and I don't know when this happened. It was sometime after giving birth 21 years ago, but whether that, or the chicken pox at age 37 (or both) is the culprit, I'll probably never know. But I used to have thick, luxurious hair and a deep tan anytime I wanted one. Now I don't tan OR burn, just stay pasty-pale, and my hair falls out in clumps. Stress has a lot to do with all of the above. Please take care of yourself. Cam may be able to help you eventually, but he's nowhere near a place to be that cognizant of another human's needs right now -- no one his age is. Oh, and by the way, 'crazy' is the new 'normal.'

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

Hallmark Greeting:

Aging sucks pie, and that is no lie.
But a nice glass of wine will make you feel fine.

No to my original created comment:

Newbie here so I'm not totally up to date with issues with your son but I will say that I am fearing the tween/teen years in my own children's futures.

And, isn't it awesome when someone/s take the time to do something special for you? It reminds us that the world isn't all snips and snails and puppy dog tails but that there is some sugar and spice and a little bit nice out there too.

:-D Happy Sunday!

Another Suburban Mom said...

Trust me, you don't want to leave the medical and dental undone. The earlier things are caught, the cheaper the intervention (especially dental)