01 March 2011

How Can It Be?

~*~*~

That he's not 18 yet?? It seems like it was forever ago that he was this adorable little ball of fluff - drooling and dripping all over me.


Now?? He's 15, full of attitude and just learned tonight that he shares a birthday with Justin Bieber ... boy is he pissed! BWAHAHAHAHA!


Here's hoping you are able to get that driver's permit you were certain you'd be getting today, but learned quickly would require you give me something (better grades) to get something.

My job from here on out is not to make your life easy, but to prepare you for the life you'll be taking on in a few short years. I'm going to be less available, and hold you far more accountable.

Growing up seems like such a good idea, until you have to do it.

Life gets tougher from here on out Boo-Bear ... hang in there ... and happy birthday!

~*~*~

16 comments:

Another Suburban Mom said...

Happy Birthday to your Boo Bear. I hope he realizes that your ass kicking is really out of love.

Deech said...

A big happy Birthday to Boo Bear! Hopefully he will look back and actually realize how good he has had it all these years!

Schmoop said...

Happy Happy Birthday to the Cam-Man. Cheers Dana!!

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Happy Birthday to him (and you too, Mom - You did all the hard work!) I hope he has a great day. :-)

Sujomi said...

Happy Birthday Cam! Hope you work out that driving permit issue. (I can say that now, 'cause in a year and a half when the oldest daughter is ready, I'll be singing a different tune.)

Jay said...

Happy birthday to The Caminator!

Osbasso said...

Happy Birthday to Cam and the Bieb!

Lu' said...

Such a beautiful face, both of them.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday wishes to Cam!! Sorry about the Bieber part. If it makes him feel any better, I have to share a birthday with Katie Holes & Christina Aquilera.

Oohh - and Kari Byron, I think she of Mythbusters fame!!)

Mike said...

HBD BB. The Bieber thing will haunt him forever.

John said...

Happy Birthday, Cam (though I fear I missed the actual birthday part).


I, honestly, cannot imagine my kids even approaching 18.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Happy Birthday Cam

and you are 1,000,000,000,000% correct mom. He is going to scream how much he hates you (if that has not happened yet) and how he can't wait to be 18 so he can get away from you and leave you alone and lonely....

He never will, because the light bulb WILL go off and he will know you did it out of love and not out of nastiness.

Maggie said...

Happy belated Birthday Cam!!

we're doomed said...

Happy birthday and good luck to Cam and you.

Alfro said...

Happy Belated Birthday Justi...uhh, I mean Cam.

Hope this year is a good one for you both.

Vol-E said...

Belated birthday hugs to Cam! And re: driving, here's what I told my son when he took his road test: Drive sarcastically.