17 March 2011

BMI and Spots and Lumps - Oh My!

~*~*~

If you are looking for my HNT post, you'll need to wait until this evening. Although the pics have been taken, I haven't managed to work my magic with them and get them posted yet!

HNTbutton

~*~

Well, I made it through the physical, was even able to pee on demand. What? TMI? Ehhh ... get over it!

The results (so far) were generally good. Blood pressure was excellent (120/76) and resting heart rate was normal (82 - I'd like to get that down a bit).

It does look like I'll be visiting a dermatologist again soon - a few more "skin spots" that look questionable. I'm trying to keep a positive attitude about this - knowing that the doctor is being cautious based on my history with Basal Cell Carcinoma.

Also of concern is the "lumpiness" the doctor found when doing my breast exam. It's been 7 years since I had a mammogram, so getting another one done has become a priority. Fibrocystic Breast Disease does run in my family, so again, I'm trying to take this all in stride.

Of course my weight is an issue - BMI is about 12 points above a healthy range, but I know I'm working on that and making progress, so ... ehhh ...

I go in a week from Saturday for full panel blood work. I've never had my cholesterol, thyroid or blood sugar levels checked. I know ... right?

Oh! And I got a Tdap (tetanus) vaccine. Wasn't expecting that but apparently my age group is now the most at risk for contracting Whooping Cough (the Tdap vaccine protects against tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis (whooping cough)). Go figure ...

I didn't get a sticker or a sucker for being such a good patient, but I did get a Snoopy bandage. That was almost worth going in for!


~*~*~

5 comments:

Mike said...

My BMI is high also but then I'm big boned.

Deech said...

Glad to hear things are coming out on the positive!

Jay said...

Sounds like a really fun time. ha ;-)

Evil Twin's Wife said...

I feel victory is mine if my blood pressure is anywhere near normal. :-) Glad you had a good check out!

Another Suburban Mom said...

I am so glad you went. See it wasn't so bad. No make sure you go and get squished.