10 March 2011

Are These Things Still Around?



~*~*~

If your looking for HNT you'll find it tonight or tomorrow. I'm a little behind a
and this post was in the queue.

~*~

Apparently, blogger awards are still around because I got one! Now, I suppose it's possible that I haven't gotten a blogger award in YEARS because my blog sucks, but I refuse to believe that 'cause ... well ... it's my blog dammit!


Anyway, John (a.k.a. @DaddyRunsALot on twitter) over at John's "get healthy" plan gave me an award - a Stylish Blogger Award. Shhhhh! Don't tell anyone, but I didn't even know John read my blog! Imagine my surprise!

As is always the case, there are rules - FUCKING rules!

First, you are to name seven things which your readers may not know about you and second, you must nominate seven other bloggers for the award.

Right ... do you suppose when someone wins a Grammy they are required to list seven interesting facts about themselves and then nominate musicians for next year's Grammys?? Yeah ... I didn't think so!

Since I'm nice, I'll give you seven random facts about myself ... but only because I'll feel like a total ass if I don't meet any of the conditions of the award ...

1. Many of you know I was a band geek, but I was actually quite a talented band geek. I auditioned, and was selected for the All Northwest Honor Band 1981 (band students in grades 9-12 audition for the opportunity to perform with the best high school musicians in the six Northwest Division states under the baton of nationally-renowned conductors).

2. I have been driving for almost 31 years now. In that time, I've gotten only one ticket, and that was just months after I got my license at 16.

3. In those 31 years of driving, I've also never gotten a flat tire nor run out of gas, even in my AMC Matador that did not have a functioning gas gauge.

4. I write left handed, although I am ambidextrous in most of my other fine motor skills (i.e. eating, painting, putting on makeup). I am very right handed in my gross motor skills (i.e. throwing, shooting a basketball, batting).

5. I performed a group modern dance in the 8th grade to Styx "Come Sail Away". Every time I hear that song I still remember the dance routine.

6. I look for numeric patterns everywhere - from tiles on floors to the number of street lights on a road. I am often preoccupied with counting and finding consistency. Sometimes I just count in my head to settle my brain.

7. The sound made when clipping fingernails or toenails makes my down right stabby. Like must leave the room or I'll start stabbing whomever is clipping their nails with the nail clippers!

~*~*~

11 comments:

Knight said...

Congrats! I got one of these from a total stranger yesterday to. The lurking sort of creeped me out but it's nice none the less.

I'm with ya on the stabby feeling.

Jay said...

I REALLY wish there was video of #5. ;-)

Osbasso said...

Holy shit! Was that the All-NW band in Portland?? :-o

Deech said...

Congrats on your award! Your blog Rocks!

Laugh at Joker

Mike said...

Is your favorite time of day 12:34?

desert rat said...

Congratulations!

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Congrats! I love your blog! I always count stairs because I'm a klutz and I worry about falling down (or up - I'm that bad), but if I count them, then I won't miss one. :-)

we're doomed said...

Congrats! One through seven, who would have guessed?

Dana said...

Knight, you have a lurker?? Damn! I want a lurker!!

Jay, I'm really glad their isn't ;)

Osbasso, Ummmm ... I'm thinking Vancouver (WA)?? Go ahead - tell me you were there!

Dana said...

Joker_SATX, my blog is a place of driveling nonsense!

Mike, Nope! Don't even wait around for that time, but I do add all the numbers up in my head! *1+2+3+4*

Desert Rat, congratulations on my life modern dance performance to "Come Sail Away"??

Osbasso said...

Why, yes I was! The teacher's convention was at Jantzen Beach (on the river between WA and OR), and the All-NW groups performed in Vancouver. The pack rat in me thinks I probably even have the program from that concert!