02 April 2010

Friday Wrap-Up

~*~*~

Good Friday. I always thought that was kind of redundant - aren't all Fridays good? I suppose this one would be better if I had the day off, or even half the day off, but no! My (Catholic) employer doesn't recognize Good Friday for it's employees, but every single one of the "family" took today off.

This is actually kind of a funny story. My employer has a policy stating that sick time can only be taken in 4-hour increments and vacation can only be taken in 8-hour increments. Well, two years ago some YAHOO decided to complain that the only way they could take the entire day of Good Friday off was to take a full vacation day and that wasn't fair because everyone got paid for the half-day holiday. Can you see where this is going? That's right! My employer decided to make the day a full working day so that no one would "lose" a half-day vacation if they took it off. *grumble*

~*~

I've had an extra teen in my house most of this week (spring break). Cam's girlfriend - who lives about 50 miles from us - is visiting. She's splitting her time between our house and her cousin's (one of Cam's friends) house. I must say I think it's a bit odd that she spent her birthday (Wednesday) and will be spending Easter with us. I just can't imagine shipping my kid off - voluntarily - for their birthday and for a major holiday.

Not to worry, I made cupcakes (with candles) for her birthday and picked up an extra Easter basket for her ... but still ...

~*~

I'm going to be guest blogging over at You Just Keep On Believing That on Tuesday. Doc is going on vacation and recruited a handful of us to try to boost his stats entertain his readers while he is on vacation. I'll admit - I'm a wee bit nervous. The bar gets raised a bit when your words find their way to another blogger's home.

~*~

It was a mediocre week over at my Project 365 blog. I think I underestimated the commitment of a picture a day when I took that on. I'm a quarter of the way through the year and I feel like my photos should be getting better but instead I find they are ... mehhhh ...

*shrugs* Oh well, I guess I should take some pride in the fact that I have held true to posting a picture a day, right??




~*~*~

9 comments:

Schmoop said...

Well by golly, I hope the three of you have a wonderful Easter. Cheers Dana!!

Doc said...

Have a great Easter Dana (even if you do have to work a full good Friday) Thanks for filling in Tuesday.. I can't wait to sneak a peek and see what is going on!

Karen said...

That work stuff stinks! Stupid complaining employees.

My parents shipped me off to every Easter holiday and spring break since I was about 12 or so. Our family didn't celebrate much other than going to church and our youth group does teen tours to Europe every spring break. 10 days in Europe wins over hanging with family every time!

Have a great holiday!

Jay said...

I would be willing to get shipped off somewhere that had cupcakes on MY birthday! haha ;-)

Deech said...

I think the Photos look great! Happy Easter to you Dana!

Vixen said...

The commitment to 365 is what has always caused me to balk. I'm too afraid to take it on and feel stressed by the pressure. YOU on the other hand, have done an amazing job. I think your photos are just incredible! :)

That is very sweet of you with Cam's gf. I had an awful relationship with my parents in my younger years and practically lived with (and then finally did when I was kicked out my sr yr of hs) my bf's parents. I was always closer to them then my own parents. So I admire what you are doing for her.

Have a great wkend Dana!

we're doomed said...

Your pic a day blog is doing ok. It is hard to find pictures every day. But you have produced some real fine pics and I know you will have more great pictures coming. Happy Easter!

Jeff B said...

Don't sell yourself short. The motorcycle pic is pretty darned cool.

Hope you, Cam and his friend all have a great Easter.

Maggie said...

So instead of just giving you the full day off, or changing the policy to allow you to take a "sick" day, they make you work all day? Great.

You're so good to Cam's gf. Happy Easter to all of you!