09 April 2010

Friday Wrap-Up

~*~*~

I'm guest posting again today, this time over at Lynn's (Real Live Lesbian's) place. Go! Read! Well ... after you are done here. Priorities and all you know ...

Actually, I hijacked her blog because she forgot to rescind my access many moons ago. Let that be a lesson to any of the rest of you who dare to offer me a chance to guest blog! I feel like I've spent more time this week writing elsewhere than I have here ... maybe because I have!

~*~

I had one of those moments this week where a blog post I wrote - one that I'd have never guessed would get much, if any, of a reaction - had a very unintended (and hurtful) consequence. I don't like being hurt by anyone, but it's even worse when I am the one doling out the hurt, especially when it's unintended.

After attempting to justify my position and explain why my post shouldn't have been hurtful, I pulled my head out of my ass and did what I should have done from the beginning - I apologized.

Unfortunately, I think the idiocy of my initial attempts at justification outweighed the sincerity of my apology, not because my apology was at all insincere, but because my idiocy was immense. It now appears that what I thought was a promising friendship is now likely damaged beyond repair.

I don't like life lessons like that ...

~*~

Remember Friday Fill-Ins???

And here we go ....

1. In 1992, I was finishing up my 12-month tour in Korea and learning that the best cure for a hangover was a shot of tequila with a Mountain Dew chaser.

2. There is nothing worse than fake laughter and smiles.

3. Do what you will, with what you find, where you find it.

4. Free to be me is where I'd like to be.

5. The trees and flowers are telling me nothing you silly! Trees and flowers can't talk!.

6. Spring in Podunk is the winter that just keeps going on.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to grocery shopping (it was payday yesterday), tomorrow my plans include volunteering at the food bank with Cam and Sunday, I want to well not really want to, but have to, got to husband's house to borrow some tools to fix the headlight on my car ... again!

~*~

Favorite photos from my Project 365 blog this week?





~*~*~

8 comments:

Deech said...

Its getting to the point where we will never be able to say anything to each other. Any of us.

I think that if you did not intend to hurt anyone, anyone that knows you would accept that and know the truth.

Sometimes...I just don't get it.

Evil Twin's Wife said...

I think I missed something...

There's a shitstorm on my blog this AM over semantics and I'm not sure what to do about it.

BTW, I left a big long comment on RLL page and it's not showing up. (??)

Dana said...

Joker_SATX, under different circumstances - like I had apologized instead of trying to "minimize" the hurt - an apology would have been successful. It's unfortunate this turned out the way it did, but I could have handled the aftermath much, much better.

Evil Twin's Wife, unusual for my blog, but this incident actually took place off-line, via email. I wanted to reiterate my apology publicly though.

Not sure what's going on with comments on RLL's blog. I have permission to post, but I can't look at her comment settings. Hmmm ...

Schmoop said...

That first picture is a keeper. Nice. Have a wunnerful weekend. Cheers Dana!!

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Both pics are keepers...I missed whatever could have caused an issue I guess...I will be over at RLL's in about 15-20 minutes depending upon my reading speed of the blogs between here and there

Have a grand weekend

Real Live Lesbian said...

And I'm in love with that second pic! Glorious!!!!!

I said it over there and I'll say it over here....

YOUR POST ROCKS!!!!

Thanks for the hijack. You are always welcome over at my place!

Real Live Lesbian said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jay said...

Both of those pics are awesome, but I really like the first one. I love the sun's rays shining down through the clouds.