09 May 2012

Throw Momma from the Train

~*~

Or not, at least on Mother's Day. That is unless you are hoping your wife will have an affair (sometimes it makes the marriage easier).

If you are one who looks at skewed data from bad statistical pools and deems it fact, moms who feel neglected on Mother's Day are more likely to create a dating profile on Ashley Madison the day after Mother’s Day.



The day after Mother's Day is Ashley Madison's second busiest day of the year for new female memberships, right behind the day after the Valentine’s Day *GASP*

See?? Every kiss begins with Kay, and if it doesn't? Every affair begins with A(shley Madison).

Don't believe me? Here are a few statistics:

  • On a  typical Monday, Ashley Madison averages between 2500 and 3000 new female memberships.
  • In 2009, more than 24,000 new women signed up the day after Mother’s Day.
  • In 2010, there were 31,427 new post-Mother’s Day sign ups
  • 67% of those new female sign-ups identified themselves as stay-at-home-moms.
  • Over 2/3 of these stay-at-home-moms had been considering an affair before Mother’s Day.
Hey moms? I know Ashley Madison is tempting, but I've got a better idea!

Why don't you let your baby-daddy know what would make Mother's Day special for you? When he asks, "What would you like for Mother's Day?" don't respond with, "Nothing..." and then expect brunch reservations at your favorite restaurant.

You'd be surprised at how well honesty works in a marriage!

~*~
(2/365)

9 comments:

I'm With Stupid said...

Well I know where I'll be surfing to come this Monday. Cheers Dana!!

Matt-Man

I'm With Stupid said...

Having read many a Mommy Blog over the years, I can tell you that there is simply no way any husband/baby daddy will EVER do "enough" for their wives/baby mommy.

Jay

Knight said...

Now I know what to get my mom. Thanks!

Mike said...

My good friend John Smith may sign up.

Another Suburban Mom said...

I think the game playing is silly. With the kids I am always happy for something with handprints and popsicle sticks and with Hubman I will give him a few ideas and he generally does well.

Tyrone said...

Can we also add in "realistic" to that list? The request that I was asked for was fairly difficult to pull off based on my current workload. I dread these holidays.

Dana said...

Matt-Man, Of course! I should have known there was an upside to this dilemma!

Jay, I can't believe you say that! You'd think it is asking too much for a stay-at-home mom to demand a cleaning lady weekly. Pffftttt!

Knight, An Ashley Madison subscription?? You are an AWESOME daughter!

Dana said...

Mike, Is John Smith in the market for a disgruntled stay-at-home mom??

Another Suburban Mom, I'm with you on that one. The tit-for-tat (*snort* I said tit) for perceived wrongs is the problem, more so than the actual infidelity.

Tyrone, I think realistic (based on time availability AND finances) is a HUGE issue - especially if time needs to be split between mothers (I'm assuming the majority of married couples have a 4-mom commitment)

UzzyB said...

I know what she wants, but converting the kids into Stepford kids is still in future.