08 May 2012

Can I Be Awesome?

~*~

I am restless, or maybe I'm going through a midlife crisis (Is that ironic? I think it might be ... maybe ...).

Whatever the motivator, I've decided I want more. More satisfaction. More opportunities. More vodka!! I've also begrudgingly accepted the fact that the only way I am going to get more is if I do more.

Here's the rub (all of my male readers just got a little excited, didn't you?) ...

Although I'm clear that I want more, with the exception of VODKA, what I want more of is unquantifiable and a bit hazy. Hazy goals are not usually successful goals ... or at least that is what those S.M.A.R.T. (Doran's Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant, Timely acronym) people say.

What I know is that I am feeling compelled to start something, and that's what I'm going to do.

Beginning today, I will be putting something on this blog space every single day ... for the next 356 days. It will be original content (the actual media might vary) and/or commentary.


(*NOTE* I stole this idea after reading 366 Days, or How I Tricked Myself into Being Awesome on LifeHacker)

This sounds easy. Anyone can throw content up on a blog and call it a post. I want to put up meaningful content. By meaningful I mean meaningful to me, because this is all about me (as it usually is), but hopefully y'all will find it occasionally meaningful as well.

If you caught yesterday's post-from-a-smart-phone, that was in preparation for this project. If I am going to commit to daily content, I need to insure I've got the ability to post content even if I'm no where near a computer.

No excuses.

This will be fun, right?? RIGHT???

~*~
(1/365)

7 comments:

I'm With Stupid said...

Sweeeeet. This will be fun!! Cheers!!

Matt-Man

bro.Kaleem said...

Well Dana, I happen to enjoy your witty lines....and yes you are awesome.No trickery needed. Just follow the yellow brick road baby! you'll find that you already possess the attributes you desire. awesome!

Dana said...

Matt-Man, Fun?? Yeah ... something like that!

Kaleem, I'm hoping this process helps me determine which direction to travel on that yellow brick road. I'm pretty happy with who I am, but not so thrilled with how I am using myself. Not to worry, that didn't make sense to me either!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Looking forward to it.

Mike said...

'the only way I am going to get more is if I do more.'

Well bummer. Free more is more fun.

katherine. said...

good start

UzzyB said...

I think ur awesome.


Good luck in ur endevour.