24 May 2012

If It Were An Algebra Final I'd Get A B+

~*~

Only 17 days into this I'll post every day for 365 days bullshit goal and I've already missed 2 days!

The good news? It's been somewhat eye-opening. I've discovered that if I don't post before about 5:00PM, the chances of me getting a post up that day become slim to none ... leaning hard towards none.

The bad news? It was a goal that I really felt committed to, and yet I failed early on ... which means I wasn't as committed to the goal as I thought I was.

The best news? I'm allowing myself to fail - to be less than perfect *SHHHHHH! Don't even go there* - without beating myself up for it.

The overall purpose of the post every day for 365 days commitment was to get myself writing more ... honing my skills. Even if I miss a day (or 20), I'm still writing more than I was.

And that is good enough.

Sometimes good enough is ... well? Good enough!

~*~
(15/17) <-- More accurate format

3 comments:

Christo Gonzales said...

oh there is so much I could say - but you would call it "kicking you while you are down" so I just bite my tongue - remember you told me that I couldn't string a sentence together and that I should go and use some "controversial ingredients" you make me laugh...

Dana said...

doggybloggy, I hate to state the obvious, but you're not very adept at biting your tongue, and I clearly don't mind stating the obvious!

Christo Gonzales said...

so you CAN read between the lines......