24 September 2010

Friday Wrap-Up (Loose Ends Edition)

~*~*~

I missed my blogiversary! How the hell does that happen?? I mean, people pay attention to hose things (*NOTE* I'm leaving this typo here to irritate the shit out of Mike who enjoys sending me emails pointing out my spelling/grammatical errors. If I "wrote" like he does (pictures and links only) I suppose I'd make fewer errors) - making sure everyone knows how long they've been blogging and how many posts they've put out there - having contests to pad their reader numbers.

Me? Fuck! I just let it slide without even a mention ... until now ...

Since September 12th, 2007 (THREE YEARS), I've manged to put up 893 posts. That's a lot of driveling bullshit ... with a few HNT's thrown in!

There will be a blogiversary give-a-way, but this time I'm going to secure the goodies before having the drawing, 'cause we all remember what happened last year!

If your curious, [THIS] is where it all started.

~*~

The apartment?? Ahhhh ... when is anything ever easy?

I got my hair cut Friday during lunch. The plan was to turn in my apartment application after my hair cut.

Of course, I've got to talk to my stylist about the new place (I knew she'd have the dirt on the landlord) and she says, "You know, my dad has a condo in town that's been up for sale for quite some time. It's vacant and he might be willing to rent it out, rent with option to buy, or even offer owner financing on it. I could show it to you Sunday."

Ummm ... yes please!




It's PERFECT, and almost identical to the townhome I sold in Minnesota when Cam and I moved out here ... right down to the deck and the 2-car garage.

Of course, I then have to go to the local dive bar in Podunk to talk to my Stylist's dad about it because ... well, he owns the dive bar too and it's the most likely place to find him.

I tell him about my interest, and he tells me what he wants. We weren't exactly on the same sheet of music, but we were at least playing the same song.

There are a couple of problems (reasonable financing, availability to rent, realtor contract, etc.), but those will go away in about 5 months. I've decided to wait it out in the Podunk ghetto for the time being and see where we stand in 5 months.

~*~


I've neglected to publicly thank all of you who offered your prayers, thoughts and donations for Boo and her family. This is, in part, because I wanted to be able to give you an update. Now I can ... actually, Boo can.

Boo put together an amazing post detailing her Nightmare. You can read it [HERE]

She's also back to "regular" blogging, and although some of you might think that odd - that grief doesn't allow for trivial things like blogging - I will flat out tell you that you are wrong ... and she is proof!

You can read Boo's most recent blog entry [HERE]

Words cannot express the outpouring of love and support I felt from all of you. I tend to be a bit cynical on the internet - far more cautious than I might be in real life - and was so grateful that so many of you were not! In doing something for Boo, I was given a gift myself.

Y'all really are amazing!

~*~*~

13 comments:

Schmoop said...

Good Luck on the digs front and as always, here's to the lovely Boo. Cheers Dana!!

Another Suburban Mom said...

Well, Happy Anniversary to you! And don't feel bad for forgetting. I had to check my blog to remember when the anniversary is because I could just remember fallish.

I was also happy to see Boo blogging. Everyone needs an outlet.

Raquel's World said...

I never knew of Boo until you spoke of her tragedy here. My heart went out to her as both a mother and a victim of a serious past burning. But I will now get to know her for myself so you have also given her exposure (which bloggers love) and support which she probably needs right now.

As for the house...I really like it. It looks awesome. I'm even a bit envious. 5 months in the ghetto is worth the wait if it pays off in the end. So good luck to you!

Jay said...

Happy blogiversary and all that stuff.

That townhouse looks like a great place to hold a big blog party. I'm just sayin'. ;-)

Mike said...

Blogiversary? I wouldn't have a clue on when mine is. I blogged for a few months, got pissed about the blog, (why? (?)) and deleted it. Then a few months later started back up again.

Becareful about the rent to own. There was a story about people that did that with a company here in St. Louis that got foreclosed on. The 'lease to owners' lost everything.

Schmoop said...

I have a theory about people who point out grammatical errors. I think they are big on grammar because they have a short pencil with which to offer edits. Just a theory. Cheers Dana!!

Sujomi said...

Now see, I thought the "hose" things was a clever play on words...

boo said...

The house looks awesome, Dana - I hope it works out! Just want to thank you, and everyone, again. Much love fills my heart for ya'll!

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

What a wonderful upgrade that will be for you and Cam...fingers crossed real tight for y'all

Real Live Lesbian said...

Happy Blogaversary! I bet I've missed mine, too since we started around the same time.

Here's wishing you the very best in habitats! You just never know what might happen. ;)

As for Boo, she remains in my prayers. I'm not sure I have the heart to read it just yet. I can't take much more sad.

Mike said...

I don't think that was a grammatical error. I think it was a Freudian slip.

Jeff B said...

Yepee Skippy for three years and a whole butt load of posts.

Maggie said...

The apartment situation amuses me. I think more meetings should be held in bars anyway, would make them more fun.