15 September 2010

Random (And Sometimes Dirty) Dozen



~*~*~

It's time for one of those "I don't feel like exposing my flaws and insecurities - or thinking too hard - so I'm going to do a meme" posts.

Ehhh ... what can I say??


1. Do you do garage sales? If so, tell me about one great find. If not, tell me why not.

I do NOT do garage sales. Here's the deal ...

I am not a "shopper," I am a "buyer." I don't browse stores for hours. I find no pleasure in going to a mall. I don't walk into a store unless I have a specific purchase in mind and I know that store has it.

Garage sales make me crazy. They are seldom organized (all of one type of item in one place, clear pricing, etc.), garage sale customers seem to lose their "nice" and I'm not patient enough to sort through the junk to find a treasure.

Like I said, I'm not a "shopper."

2. Name the last thing you fixed.

The last thing I fixed was the charging cord for Cam's phone. We have chewing cats and they seem to love phone charging cords. Cam left his phone in a spot where the cord was laying on the floor and one of the cats went to town on it.

I got out the wire strippers and the electrical tape and saved the cord!

3. Name your A) Favorite item of makeup OR B) Favorite tool

*BEGIN RANT*
I'm guessing that because I'm a woman I should be answering the make-up question however I hate make-up and wish the social norm would be sans makeup. Makeup is nothing more than false advertising.
*END RANT*

So that leaves me with naming my favorite tool, the G-rated answer to that would be this:


I keep it in my car and it has proven quite useful on several occasions ... especially the bottle opener!

The R-rated answer? Two words - Turtle Frenzy.

4. Which room in your home needs organizing more than any other?

The rooms that I have "control" over are quite organized (there's a surprise) so that leaves the one room that I have absolutely no control over - Cam's bedroom. 14-year old boy. Need I say more?

5. Which room could use re-decorating?

Redecorating?? Ehhh ... probably the kitchen/dining room area. I don't have any pictures on the walls or anything - it's just very sterile apartment looking.

6. Share something unique about your town.

Prior to its now incorporated name, my village was known as "Henpeck."

7. If you could send a one-sentence message to your great-grandchild, what would it be?

Don't take life too seriously because it is far too short to fret over!

8. Do you Facebook?

I do Facebook ... kind of. I probably update my status once every week or two, but I play Bejeweled daily. I had good intentions with Facebook (to keep family in the loop) but I've just never gotten too into it. Far too much drama.

9. Describe your favorite shoes.

Really? People have favorite shoes? I buy what's on sale and what fits my size 11 feet. Sensible, practical and comfortable are my favorite adjectives for shoes.

10. Do you listen to more talk radio or more music radio? What kind of station is it?

I seldom listen to radio, even in the car. I prefer quiet reflection.

There is a station on at work all day. I hear it, but don't listen to it, and couldn't even tell you what genre of music they play.

11. How far would you travel for a really good (favorite) meal?

Hmmmm ...

A favorite meal prepared by a restaurant? I'd say 2 hours would be my max driving time.

A favorite meal prepared by a friend? I'll make it a 3-day weekend and drive 14+ hours!

12. If you were totally honest with yourself (and us) what should you probably be doing right now instead of blogging?

Working. Now I feel guilty - thanks a lot Random Dozen!

*hangs head in shame*

~*~*~

11 comments:

Schmoop said...

That is one sexy turtle. Cheers Dana!!

boo said...

Ahhh, come on Dana! I like Make-up! I don't wear it everyday or anything, but when I feel like making myself feel better I grab for the eyeshadow and mascara. It's something I do for ME though, not anyone else.

Karen said...

I love makeup. It makes me feel better to look complete. I don't wear much, but I do wear some.

And I have several pairs of favorite shoes!! I think I might have to start taking pictures of them before I answer this over the weekend.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

I love that turtle...have for a long time (NOT for me of course)

14 hrs.that gets you to Memphis, right?

Mike said...

There's one store I can 'shop' in. A hardware store. I can browse the aisle's for hours. All others are in and out as fast as I can.

Christo Gonzales said...

henpeck - thats no better than oblong.....

Jeff B said...

Your answer to number one could quite possibly make you the most attractive woman on the planet!

Jay said...

I don't go to garage sales because you can't really find anything other junk at them. Unless they're located in the really super nice neighborhoods. Rich people throw nice stuff away.

Another Suburban Mom said...

Thats why I picked make up and a tool. A kitchen tool granted, but I love my zester.

Raquel's World said...

Can you believe I had no clue what a Turtle Frenzy was? I thought it was a drink maker. Duh!@!

I agree with Jay though b/c rich people really sell some nice shit.

Anonymous said...

I'm afraid to look at the turtle at work. Maybe tonight . . .

I was >< this close to naming the Leatherman as my favorite tool. Settled for a claw hammer (the potential for destruction is therapeutic)

Totally agree with you on the make-up issue. I try & tell gals all the time that they'd look just fine without it. No one has trouble accepting men without make up.