02 July 2010

Friday Wrap-Up (Evening Edition)

~*~*~

Well, it's finally come to an end ... my week of freedom. I picked up Cam at 6:00PM today and headed home. He was here an entire HOUR before asking if I'd give him a ride to the ice skating rink. Why yes, there is an ice skating rink within 20 minutes of Podunk - in fact the ice skating rink is closer that the grocery store.

Anyway, don't tell anyone but I think Cam may have actually missed me a little bit. He talked to me more in the hour he was home than he has the entire past month. It's good to have him home, but I did enjoy my week!

~*~

In addition to the Bagwine expedition, I also made a trip to the city to visit with Annie & Burl. As luck would have it, Kimmeh was there too! Annie & Burl live just 60 minutes away, but making the trip alone was an opportunity I couldn't pass up. I headed out there Wednesday, had some wonderful homemade Cashew Chicken, and actually sat in the studio while they were broadcasting their live show on Blog Talk Radio.

This is a stretch for me. As much as I put myself "out there" on this blog, I am really quite an introvert. I actually even talked during the show! If you are so inclined, you can listen to the show [HERE].

Honestly? It was a great time - not just the show, but having an opportunity to visit with the crew again!

~*~

One of the things I discovered this week was that I really need to some how, some way, carve some time out on occasion to let loose. When you are living life, you sometimes lose sight of where your time and energies are focused. I needed this down time - time that I could do what I wanted to do knowing that Cam was in a safe, supervised place.

Trying to make this happen is going to be quite a challenge. Being a single parent, with no family anywhere near, and no real local "support network" in place, will make carving out time for myself difficult at best ... but it was much needed.

~*~

I couldn't pick just one favorite picture from my Project 365 Blog (Dana Does Digital) this week. I had a sentimental favorite and a composition favorite. Can you guess which is which??





~*~*~

1 comment:

Mike said...

"Date / Length: 6/30/2010 9:00 PM - 1 hr 47 min"

I managed 5 minutes before my attention span ........

Pictures;
composition - nature
sentimental - beer mine