25 June 2010

Friday Wrap-Up

~*~*~

Remember last week when I mentioned my car was all fixed and all it needed was an oil change, tire rotation and front end alignment? Famous last words.

I took it in to Firestone only to learn the lower right tie rod was loose. What does that mean? I don't have a clue, but I'm told that if it lets go when you're driving at 70 mph, it's a very, VERY bad thing ... as in the one wheel will turn completely sideways while the other three stay straight. Not something I want to experience.

Husband has been EXTREMELY helpful with these car repairs and offered to help with this one too. Cavy is in the shop as we speak and should be ready to go around lunch time today. The shop gave her a complete once-over (I'm sure she's feeling quite violated) and deemed her road worthy!

~*~

Tomorrow is the day I send Cam off to church camp for a week in Northern Wisconsin. He had such a wonderful time last year that he's been looking forward to this for the last 364 days.

Tonight Cam and I will be making a trip to the laundromat and packing his suitcase for the week. I'm hoping they have much better weather this year than last year - last year they had temps in the low 60's all week and a few days of torrential downpours.

I will be enjoying the break as well, and even have a couple of my own excursions planned.

~*~

OK, maybe my first excursion would be better described as a death wish. I will be leaving the creature comforts of Podunk Saturday for this creature:


I think I just heard an audible *GASP* when y'all read that! Yes, it's true, I will be driving down to Bagwine for for a taste of Matt-Man ... errrrrr ... Loose Meat. Wait! That just sounds wrong, doesn't it?

I'm a little afraid, which is why I'm letting you all know where I'm headed so that if I don't return you know where to start looking for me.

In all seriousness, I'm actually looking forward to the trip. Matt-Man and Schmoop have been around my blog almost from the beginning, and it will be great to actually spend a little bit of time with them!

~*~

Favorite photo from Dana Does Digital this week? Hands down it has to be the "After the Storm" photo that was downloaded straight from my camera to the computer. Yes, the sky really was this color!


~*~*~

15 comments:

Schmoop said...

Your Death Wish is my Breast Wish. Keep in mind...Once you go Matt, you never go back.

Safe travels to ya, and I can't wait. It's gonna get ugly. But as I told ya, the Sheriff is a friend of mine so no worries of spending the weekend eating jail food.

Cheers Dana!!

Raquel's World said...

Ok I have copied his pic and info so if we don't hear from you soon, I will take on the responsibility of contacting the authorities.

Have you guys ever met in person before or just blogger buddies? What if this is a set up and Matt Man is really "Snugs" who seems to really like you BTW.. Hmmm

At least if it turns out bad I will have an interesting blog post and maybe snag another follower. LOL

Seriously, I can't wait to read your blogs upon return.
Good Luck to Cam!

Karen said...

Wow. How long of a drive is from Podunck to Bagwine? If you want to keep driving out to NYC/NJ I will be here waiting.

Dana said...

Matt-Man, I am so glad that the people I know have connections to good jail food! Now that's a load off my mind!!

Raquel's World, we have never met in person, but have know each other through blogging for what Matt-Man? Close to 3 years. We have talked on the phone several times.

If only he were snugs in disguise ... now THAT would be a fun meeting!!

And thanks for giving me a helping hand with my safety ... this could get ugly!

Karen, Podunk to Bagwine is about 350 miles (6 hours) - not too bad - and about 1/3 of the way to your place. Why do you have to live so damn far away??

Deech said...

Way Cool! Have fun with Matt-Man...er..that didn't come out right either, I guess. But you know what I mean...

And yeah, someone was looking out for you in regards to the car. Having that happen at 70 MPH is never a good thing.

Jay said...

I wonder if maybe it would be better to just show up in Bagwine. Giving Matt-Man a few days notice to, uh, prepare might be dangerous. ;-) hehe

snugs said...

I can assure you that there is nothing even a tiny bit close to snugs in bagwine..I will pray for your liver, have a safe trip.

Raquel's World said...

Sorry but Snugs is funny, wish I could see her profile or blog or whatever.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Drive safe...that is all I will say

Evil Twin's Wife said...

Have a safe trip...if you drive a little further East, you could visit us too! :-)

Mike said...

Should waited on fixing the tie rod. You could have had a very memorable experience to blog about.

Mike said...

No post for Saturday OR Sunday here either. What's going on in Ohio?

Jeff B said...

Is it time to send out an APB (All Points Bagwine)?

Mike said...

Hmmmm, still no update here. But I do see your foot in Bagwine.

Real Live Lesbian said...

Donuts and beer. The breakfast of champions! Hope you're having a wonderful trip!!!

Gorgeous photo!