18 June 2010

Friday Wrap-Up (Freedom Edition)


~*~*~

Ooohhhh! Looky here! It's a change to the blog layout! *GASP* Can you believe it?? Almost FOUR years of the same blog template and just like that I jump in and make the change. If you only know what a HUGE issue that was for me!

~*~

The countdown begins! One week from tomorrow I will be dropping Cam off at the church for a week of church camp in Wisconsin. That's right, seven glorious days of freedom - freedom from the phrases, "I'm Bored," "Can I buy another song from iTunes?" and the droning of "We don't have anything to eat." *For the record, we have food, it just require some sort of preparation and is not loaded with sugar and other non-nutrients!*

I'm actually considering taking that first Monday off that he is gone (June 28th if anyone is wondering) and heading out on a road trip Saturday right after slowing down and kicking him out of the car dropping him off at the church and walking in with him to insure he is well taken care of.

~*~

Speaking of road trips ... MY CAR IS FIXED!! There were two HUGE concerns with my car: the brakes (or lack there of) and the rear suspension (or lack there of).

This week, husband footed the $440 repair bill to have the rear suspension replaced. Seriously people, driving my car had become akin to driving into turn four of Talladega loose - very loose (I just lost a few of you non-NASCAR fans, didn't I?).


I hadn't realized just how much I was fighting the car in my everyday driving until everything was fixed. Now I can even go 75 mph without the rear end sliding out from under me!
I've got an appointment Saturday at Firestone for a front-end alignment, tire rotation and an oil change and Cavy will be ready to hit the road!

Ahhhh! I was so completely isolated and now I am FREE!!

~*~

I want to thank you all for the support on the decision to make amends with Alan's suicide. I received an email from a reader who congratulated me on moving forward. My response to him was that this really isn't moving forward, but rather finding closure so that I have a better shot at moving forward.

I have contacted a local Chicago tattoo artist, sharing my story with her, sending her pics of Alan's rose along with components of what I want and am allowing her complete artistic freedom to design the tat for me. This morning I paid my $50 deposit to hold my September 13th appointment. No ... I didn't delay that appointment ... she is *that* in demand that 12-14 week waits are the norm.

Just to give you an idea of how good this artist is, here is the tat she did for Aunt Becky of Mommy Wants Vodka. Just try to tell me this isn't freakin' awesome work! Now, I need one of you to volunteer to go with me ... seriously!!


~*~

I haven't included a "my favorite" from my Project 365 photo blog in quite some time, so thought I should get on that this week. Anyone surprised I'm still keeping up with that one? Let me just say that it really is difficult to keep two "creative" blogs interesting and current. Yet another one of those tasks that - had I known how difficult it would be - I probably wouldn't have done it!


~*~*~

13 comments:

Doc said...

Enjoy your freedom!

Schmoop said...

I dig the old sign. I bet Cam is excited to get away too. I mean, c'mon...stuck around the home with you all summer. Jeebus Christ, that has to be torture.

Have fun on the upcoming road trip. The Beer Mine has plenty refreshments available for thirsty travelers. Cheers Dana!!

Average Chick said...

I totally dig the new layout! I read that on reader and had to come check it out! You'll have to let me know where you are doing the drop off :) Maybe our paths will cross this week!

Gina said...

I LOVE your new layout! Love it!!

Sedorah said...

Change is good.

I envy the child-free week you will be having...don't get me wrong, I love my kids, but a week of freedom would be heavenly!

Dana said...

Doc, you have no idea what it's like to spend 6-months "confined" to a 20 mile radius from home. This is really a good thing!

Matt-Man, hey now! Spending a summer stuck with me could be a good thing as long as you aren't a 14-year old boy!

Average Chick, I like the LARGE print for my more "mature" readers :)

Dana said...

Gina, thank you! It feels more spacious!

Sedorah, believe me! I understand the kid issue. Having been a single mom with no family near for more years than not, having a break - even just for a night - is a treasured commodity ... and I only have one!

Deech said...

I have a feeling you are going to stock up on coffee, NoDoze pills, and or 5 hour energy drinks simply to stay awake during your week of freedom. Lets face it, why would you want to waste it on sleep?

k bare said...

1. i like nascar

2. that new blogger template thingy sure makes it easy - doesn't it?? i like the new look.

Jeff B said...

Wow, your husband paid for the repair?

I've never been one for ink, but won't deny that that is some pretty impressive work.

Real Live Lesbian said...

I'm so far behind!

THAT tattoo is amazing! I can't wait to see what she stamps you!

Vixen said...

Congrats on having the car fixed! That's got to be a huge relief for you!

And I'm so excited for you about your ink appt!!!

Aunt Becky said...

Dawn is AMAZING and totally sweet too. You'll seriously fall in love with her. I'm going to get my tattoo worked on in August and I cannot wait. I'm getting the phoenix being born from air and light and clouds and swirls.

By the time I am done, I think it's going to be my entire back. I don't even care WHO hates it. Rising again, well, that's what we do.

And I'll totes go with you if I'm in town.