28 May 2010

Friday Wrap-Up

~*~*~

It's been a while since I've done one of these. These past few weeks have been full of BIG things to blog about ... even on Fridays.

~*~

I'm considering a road trip this weekend. Long story short, what was supposed to be husband doing front/rear brake job on the Cavalier (no, that is NOT a sexual euphemism) turned into a frustrated tantrum ending in a severed brake line and a rental car for me for the week ... at husbands expense. I've got a car that I am comfortable taking on, say, a 300-400 mile trip and I've got a 3-day weekend ahead of me.

Anyone have a spare couch or floor space for three? Oh! I didn't mention Cam and "Rhonda" will be with me? Yeah ... maybe we'll just stay home.

~*~

While getting my hair cut Wednesday, my stylist - whose brother owns the local tavern here in town - told me he was looking for a part-time bookkeeper. This would be a few hours a week - something I could do whiles sitting at the bar getting schnockered at home on the weekends - and it would give me enough pocket cash that I wouldn't have choose between going to the laundromat or going to the grocery store. Keeping my fingers crossed.

~*~

Cam and I have a meeting at the school this morning - a meeting we shouldn't be having. I think many of you would be surprised at the depth of the bullying issue and the blatant favoritism in the treatment of the girls. This is the stuff news reports and lawsuits are made of ... and I'm really starting to lean that direction.

~*~

The most exciting news of the week?? I got a new phone! It's not an iPhone or a DROID. It doesn't even have a touch screen. But it was was the phone to have ... about two years ago! AND!! AND!! It has a QWERTY keyboard.

Look, I've been using a standard numerical keypad for texting for the past 2 years. Do you have any idea how long it takes to punch in grammatically correct sentences ('cause I refuse to use that text speak crap) when you are working with only 10 keys??

This is an exciting moment for me. The phone did require a $9.99/month data plan. I wish I had a clue what data I get for $9.99! I think I need a phone tutor. Any former LG enV3 owners out there willing to help me find a use for my data package??

~*~*~

14 comments:

Schmoop said...

There are so many blatantly sexual and amusing things I could say based on your post but since I have vowed to not be an asshole through the weekend, I shall just say have fun. Our floor is always open. Cheers Dana!!

Deech said...

You know we always have space here at Arkham for you. And this weekend especially since some of the inmates are going to be away for the weekend.

Have a great weekend Dana!

Anonymous said...

I have two spare rooms. One with a full sized bed, one with a queen. Somehow I think that might not meet your accommodation needs. Also? Just for reference, I'm about 9 hours east of South Bend, In.

I saw your HNT yesterday and while I don't enV your package, I will say it is quite lovely and I'm sure you will find a good use for it.

Gina said...

Keep us updated on the meeting!

Jeff B said...

My two cents: Tread lightly at the meeting and be very aware of the words you use. Like you say, this is a hotbed for lawsuits.

Evil Twin's Wife said...

If you want to travel cross country, we have a guest room (very privately located on the lower floor, with full bathroom nearby, and a full size futon). We will feed and entertain you! Think about it!

Schmoop said...

There ya go Dana...You can stay with ETW and then on the way back home you can stay with us on Sunday when I am off. Cheers Dana!!

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Always welcome in Memphis...Sunset Symphony tomorrow all day on the river with KC and the Sunshine Band playing with the Memphis Symphony to end the day

And then you can head right home and not take any detours

Dana said...

Matt-Man, what? My post written in a way that might incite blatantly sexual and amusing comments? No way!

Joker_SATX, although I'd love to, spending 24 hours of a 72 hour weekend in a car with two teenagers just doesn't sound relaxing :)

The Phool, I guess I could sleep with "Rhonda" and let Cam have a bed to himself?? But I'm 3 hours west of South Bend which gives me another 12-hour drive. Hmmm ...

Dana said...

Gina, I think that might have to be a post on it's own Monday. I cannot begin to tell you how ABSURD and - just illegal - all of this is.

Jeff B, *waves at Jeff* I didn't say a whole lot, and I made sure there was an impartial 3rd party there to hear everything that was said. The solution was "acceptable", but only because the other two alternatives I was given were not.

Evil Twin's Wife, are you in VA or WV?? I think you're another of those "make it a 5-day weekend and maybe" drives.

Dana said...

Matt-Man, That little journey sound dangerous ... but fun!

Vinny "Bond" Marini, are you afraid I might bring WIR cooties with me if I stop in Bagwine first?? And just why don't any of my readers live less that 300 miles from me??

Jay said...

Well you could come down here, but I was thinking of taking a road trip up there this weekend. I know! We'll swap places for the weekend. LOL ;-)

I love road trips. Haven't been on one in a while though.

Also, I'm sooo jealous of everyone's cool cell phones.

Kim said...

I owned the EnV and the EnV2, both are solid phones.

Not really heavy in the app area (actually, mine weren't but who knows about the newest model) but solid phones.

Have fun on your trip. If your down my way stop by, not busy in the AM on Saturday :)

Little T said...

I know so many people who stay in bad situations to be taken care of financially. I don't know you personally but I have been reading your blog long enough to know what a jump it was for you and Cam to leave home. I know you struggle still and it breaks my heart to heart that you might have to choose between laundry and groceries but you are doing this on your own. This is all you and you are doing it. I hope the side job pans out and both laundry and groceries can make the list. Know that you are a strong woman, stronger than most and it is not a matter of "you will survive", you ARE surviving and thriving.