14 May 2010

Friday Wrap-Up (Twitter Style)

~*~*~

Well, not really true Twitter style or it would be 140 characters or less, right?

A little over a week ago there was some Twitter discussion about @BurlG (a.k.a. Burl from Annie & Burl Live) having a striking resemblance to Steve Hatch from TLC's Little Chocolatiers.

Being the geek good friend that I am, I put together this photo and sent it out via twitter


Now understand, I have like 130 followers, which borders on pitiful. I thought it would make a few people laugh and disturb Burl. It was a success!

Actually it was even more of a success than I realized. TLC (who has a few more followers than I do) picked up the tweet and rebroadcast it!

Love it! Any other TLC lookalikes out there? RT @BurlG could be a stunt double for Steve Hatch!
~*~

I had the following "private" twitter discussion with a long-time friend of mine after sending my I just want to cry ... or throw up ... not sure which ... tweet on Wednesday:

Friend: Wish I could help.

Me: Wish I could give up ...


Friend: no you dont. But I know it's hard, gotta be harder than anything I've ever done. I can't even imagine.


Me: Oh yes! I really do. Unfortunately there is no where for him to go. It would be a frying pan into the fire moment. And that I can't do.
I am emotionally and physically exhausted. I keep moving forward - trudging through the muck - hoping it will get better and it never does. I'm pissed. I feel like for the past 6 months I've been doing the right things and yet I just keep getting more crap. I am so ready for Cam to be finished with school, yet realize that only brings on a whole different set of issues (some of you might remember last summer).

I love my son dearly but there are days (many) when I'd just like to quit. I cannot do anything without concern about where Cam is and what he is doing. There is no place that is "safe" for him any more. I don't get a break - ever - and it is simply overwhelming at times.

~*~

We had a bit of rain yesterday - 3.25 inches in 12 hours - and were under a flash flood warning. That's not unusual for spring in Podunk, but usually we just see a little water on the road. Not the case yesterday. I shared the following pictures/tweets on twitter yesterday:



This *was* my parking lot at work. We had to be shuttled in via semi truck. Flooding anyone?

For the record, see that underwater tree in front of the burgundy SUV? That tree is at the front end of my parking spot.


... and another of the raging waters through the parking lot ...

We have two entrances into work. Both were blocked off by flood waters. With the exception of a few foolish brave souls, all employees had to park about 1/2 mile from the office and then be "ferried" in to work via semi-truck.

The good news is that with the exception of a few trees down, and part of a fence taken out, there was little damage. I'm afraid the farmers weren't so lucky though. Corn had just started to sprout and many farmers lost large sections of their corn fields.

It was a rough, wet day ... and not in a "good" way!

~*~

6 comments:

Schmoop said...

I don't know if Burl really looks like that guy or not, I was focusing on Annie. Purrrrrr.

As for the bad stuff, Dana? I hate to get all biblical on ya and what not, but with your new found and/or re-discovery of church type things, you could always read the Book of Job. Cheers Dana!!

The Burl said...

Oh Dana...you Photoshopping kooky gal you. I had to laugh pretty hard when I saw the TLC pickup of the photo.

On the struggles you're dealing with, I have to agree with Matt. Rely on your faith and you will make it through anything that comes your way.

Matt: You know we're the picture on the RIGHT, yes?

Warrior_Kat said...

I LOVE that photoshopped pic! When I saw it on Twitter, I died laughing! That is so cool that TLC picked up on that too. I've never been a mother, so I can't give you words of advice about Cam, but I can say that I admire you and other moms like crazy. I think motherhood is by far, the hardest job out there. Hope things get better.

Deech said...

We are having similar weather here in SA as well.

One of the things I am trying to figure out is when is it that children become self aware. See, in reality, you can not live Cam's life. Just like I can not live my 14 year old daughter's life. There has to come a time where she has to understand why we do the things we do. Why some things are allowed and some are not.

Have you had that talk with Cam yet? I ask because I am curious. I remember my father having that talk with me where he put it on the line and made me really think hard about the choices I make in life.

I am just so curious about this....

Dana said...

Matt-Man, Job?? That's all you have for me??

The Burl, my faith is good - it's hope that is severely lacking!

Warrior_Kat, well ... you *are* a caregiver ... to teeny, tiny, sick babies - although you may not have advise, I know you have empathy and understanding!

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

WIsh I could wave a wand and make it all better...I went through a period with Matt that was similar in many ways.

Sometimes the worst situation will be a wake-up call...

UGH on the rain situation.

HUGS for your weekend