06 May 2010

Random Dozen


~*~*~
1. What was the last thing about which you procrastinated?

Buying a vacuum. I know ... I know ... this seems a little odd, but one area I procrastinate heavily in is spending money. I'm a saver, not a spender. Any time I am spending $50 or more on any single item I want to make sure I am getting the most for my money.
Thanks to a random act of kindness from a fellow blogger, I've had the "opportunity" to make this purchase for a few months now. I felt an obligation to spend wisely to insure my purchase was worthy of the gift. Yesterday I hit the purchase button.

2. How long does it take you to fall asleep, and do you sleep through the night?

I am one of those people who can fall asleep in seconds - if I'm tired - and I can fall asleep anywhere.

Staying asleep is another issue. I cannot remember the last time I slept through the night. Waking 3-4 times during the night is my normal.


3. Which decade would you choose to exemplify your favorite fashion styles?

Well, since it doesn't have to be a decade I actually lived in, I'd go for the 50's. That decade just seems to be classic in fashion ... with the exception of poodle skirts!

4. What is your personal best dish to feed a crowd?

Hmmmm ... thinking ...

I make a mean beef enchilada and although the prep is fairly extensive, I can assemble a tray of them fairly quickly. They are always a hit!

5. Are you an impulse shopper? What was the last thing you bought on impulse?

Odd ... I didn't read this question until after answering the first one.

I am NOT an impulse shopper and can't even remember the last time I purchased something that wasn't planned. I don't even impulse buy when grocery shopping.

6. What is one wish you have for your own funeral?

That everyone drinks, eats and laughs too much! Oh ... and that people actually show up!

7. If it's true that joy is in found in the simple things in life, what does your joy look like today?

My joy was the smell of the blooming lilacs outside my apartment.

8. What is your favorite type of bread?

Any! Seriously, I don't think they make a bread I don't like. If they do, I haven't found it.

9. What trait do you fear developing the most? (Laziness, greediness, grumpiness, etc.)

Apathy. Without a doubt.

10. What trait would you like most to develop?


Reckless abandon, but I'd settle for a bit of spontaneity.

11. Which room in your house best reflects your personality? Why?

Right now, none. The apartment is furnished minimally and contains only the essentials for daily living. In the old house? The kitchen. It was designed as a family gathering spot - where food and love were served in abundance.

12. How do you maintain balance in your life regarding, work, family, church, other organizations and activities, and blogging?

Balance? What's balance? Is that anything like normal?

I am much better about it than I was say ... a year ago? Blogging (and generally time on the internet) was an escape from an unhappy home life. Now I do it when I feel like it and most of the pressure to perform every day has gone away.

~*~*~

3 comments:

Another Suburban Mom said...

Mmmm Enchiladas. I think you could develop an occasional sense of reckless abandon

Schmoop said...

I love enchiladas and bread. Oh Dear God, I love bread. Cheers Dana!!

Volly said...

I stoled this from you...