06 November 2009

Friday Wrap-Up Photo Style

~*~*~*~*~

Some of you noticed that I didn't play in the Weekly Words Challenge this week. It was, of course, because I felt my post on DADT was far more entertaining the words were Fair and Night Life and ... well ... we don't have a night life in Podunk and the fair was over back in September!

I had pictures like this ...


... this ...


... and this ...


Not exactly within any realm of the weekly words, although I probably could have wrangled night life into that second shot!

~*~

Something really cool happened yesterday. Someone who I admire as an accomplished author, Aspergers advocate and *tries to think of another "A" "A" pairing of words 'cause I'm like that* all-around neat person (all-around counts, right?) stopped by my blog yesterday and left a comment.

I wrote a little about John Elder Robison's book, Look Me in the Eye, [HERE] way back in 2007, and have been reading his blog, and now following him on Twitter, ever since.

If you have a child on the autism spectrum, John's story is an inspirational and honest one and is worthy of the read. He talks about his struggles as well as his successes and gives invaluable insight.

Anyway, it was cool to have him stop by, even though - as Jay so thoughtfully reminded me - "I bet that author has Google alerts and followed that to your blog" - then followed up with, "Wait. Scratch that wild early speculation on my part. He probably reads your blog everyday and finally delurked. ;-)" in an attempt to save my oh-so fragile ego.

~*~

We went to a Halloween/Surprise Birthday party for our friend Bob on Saturday (shown here with his wife Kim).




It was kind of a cool set-up. Bob's parents do a big Halloween shin-dig every year, so Bob knew he was going to a party. What he didn't know was that his parents had invited a bunch of other people (there were at least 50 people there) to help celebrate Bob turning 40.

Did I mention Kim has really nice legs? And her costume included fishnet stockings and high heels? I think these guys noticed!




In addition to the gam-oogling men, there was Jell-O ... in a brain mold ... EEUUWWW ...



... there was a pumpkin carving contest for the kids ...



... there was birthday cake ...



... and the house was all decked out! Does anyone else think it's a bit odd to see a skeleton paired up with a gaggle of Precious Moments figurines?



Oh! And have I mentioned that glow sticks are never safe around Cam? He was dressed as MC Hammer (he refused to let me get a good shot of him), but everyone was calling him MC Blingmaster by the end of the night.



~*~

Just two more pictures ... I promise ...

Remember my Friday Wrap Up story regarding adults driving the football players around to TP the cheerleaders houses? This was what the cheerleaders did for the football players before playoffs. I thought this was much better than TP-ing.


... and Cam's school pictures came in last week. I am amazed how much he has changed since 6th grade. In two years he's grown from a little boy to a man child!



~*~*~*~*~

23 comments:

Schmoop said...

Great pic of Cam, and damn...Look at his teeth. Oh how I miss having a pretty headful of teeth. Tell Cam, "Thanks for bringin' me down." Cheers Dana!!

kim-d said...

Wow...what a great picture of a really handsome young man.

And speak of pictures, I really like all of yours, especially the last one. Of course, the beer signs appeal to me, too. :)

And finally...I'm really glad the cheerleaders went with the chalk. Much better choice, in my opinion!

Karen said...

Great pictures. Looks like a nice Halloween/Bday party.

Jormengrund said...

I don't know about you Dana, but I could've gotten the Night-Life caption in the last two pictures..

I mean, if your nightlife ends well, you might get a view of that light.. Nevermind.

Great photos! Cam has grown into quite the handsome man. The hard work and love that you're giving him really are starting to show!

Shiny Rod said...

Well, I have to beg to differ a bit. You do have a bit of the fair in you pictures. I swear the first one looks like a ferris wheel and the other picture looks like a carousel. Of course, I see things that most peoplee miss visually. Wow, Cam is a very handsome young man.

Dana said...

Matt-Man, those teeth cost me $5K in orthodontia and $100 (so far) in top of the line mouth guards for football! He better show them in EVERY picture!

kim-d, the beer signs are the only signs of night life in my little town of 3500 people!

Karen, I was a party pooper and didn't dress up. I think I was one of only 5 who didn't!

John Robison said...

I do have Google alerts as your friend says. However, your last post did not show up there. I just came across it with my own random searching and I liked the
"label pictures."

I stop by lots of blogs, time permitting. Like most people, I lurk a lot more than I leave comments.

Woof!

Dana said...

Jormengrund, my night life hasn't ended well in over 10 months now (no kidding) so that thought wasn't even fleeting in my mind!

Shiny Rod, that first one is actually a glass dome inside of a local community center and the last one a chandelier at the office building where Cam and I attend counseling. Not anywhere near as exciting as a ferris wheel and carousel!

Vixen said...

I bet Cam made a GREAT MC Hammer, esp from what I can tell from the kind-of pic (lol). That school pic....wow, you def must be a super proud mamma :)

I'm with you, what the cheerleaders did as an alternative to TPing seems much more appropriate and fun.

Have a great wkend Dana!

Deech said...

Damn, that is one handsome dude there! Looks like a great party...Good for you!

Ms. Inconspicuous said...

Aww, what a great picture of Cam! He's turning in to a really handsome young man!

cat said...

Cam is so handsome! You must be so very proud of him.

rage said...

The brain mold in jello is ewww!!

Cam is so handsome!!

Thanks for sharing the pictures with us all!

Dana said...

John Elder Robison, well ... well ... thanks for stopping by and I'll be sure to let Jay know that he was only half right!

Vixen, he made a WONDERFUL MC Hammer - had the balloon pants, the metallic gold jacket and a lot of bling! I am most proud that Cam's insides are much better looking than his outsides!

Joker_SATX, the party was a stretch for me. TONS of social interaction that I knew would be challenging, but I made it through and even enjoyed myself!

Dana said...

Ms. Inconspicuous, I really need to post the middle school transition photo spectrum. Seriously, he doesn't even look like the same kid!

rage, as if Jell-O isn't bad enough! Not only was it a brain but the Jell-O had ... CHUNKS! *gasp*

Dana said...

cat, I am proud of him. He's an absolutely wonderful young man ... even when he is behaving badly :)

Jay said...

Actually I think I was completely right with both of my statements. I'm right a lot.

Cam is a good looking kid. Did he do any MC Hammer dance moves for ya?

Excellent pics!

Lu' said...

I dig pics 1 and 2, abstract. I dig the jellow brain mold HA! AND I think Cam's school photo is beautiful. Ya know the word cougar sprang to mind...

Lu' said...

Wait craddle robber would be a better fit in this case wouldn't it?

Aunt Becky said...

Cam is so handsome! Wow!

we're doomed said...

Chalking is better than teepeeing. Nice pictures! Are you ready for winter?

Anonymous said...

awesome pic of cam. Big ole youngin. I'm with MM excellent chewers he has!

Unknown said...

I have absolutely no idea what that first pictures is, which makes me think maybe you could do a "guess what this is" thing or something? Cause your pictures are just that good.

And wow. I've told you this before, but Cam is one good looking young man. Oohh, wait till he gets to college. He'll have his pick of girls.