29 October 2009

Thursday Thunks - Almost Halloweenth Version

~*~*~*~*~



Welcome to the October almost Halloweenth version of Thursday Thunks!
Where they make you think a little bit before you blog!

This week we will answer some crazy questions brought to you by Berleen,
the color Blood red and the number 31.

1. So Halloween is this weekend, if you haven't heard. Are you gonna open your doors up or not?

Nope! Won't be home so won't be opening the doors ... and won't be leaving a large bowl of candy out there for the first visitor either!

2. You better open 'em cuz I'm coming... what are you putting in my treat bag?

Coal! Consider it an early Christmas gift.

3. Since October is the bestest month for television (well for cable & dish subscribers it is) and there is a horror movie on at any given time of the day - are you sick of them yet?

Not at all ... of course that's because I never watch them. And if someone has the audacity to turn one on when I'm in the room I'll promptly leave.

4. Which one of those movies can you watch over & over again?

None! Just like how many of those movies have I seen just once!

5. Tell us about a Halloween scare you've had....

I am such a party pooper, I just don't do Halloween. I think it stems from the childhood trauma of being 5'-10" tall when I was 10 and having people refuse to give me candy after they told me I was too old to trick-or-treat. At least that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

6. Did you watch the old Casper cartoons when you were a youngin? Well, back then they weren't old I suppose, but I'm sure you still understand my question.

I did watch Casper, but always thought that Scooby-Do was far more scary!

7. Have you ever found a four-leaf clover?

Only on a 4-H sign

8. Haunted Houses... you know, the kinds you pay to get in and they chase you with chainsaws and severed heads.... do you like 'em?

Hate them! Hate them!! HATE THEM!!! I have severe anxiety reactions to being scared. ... like curl up in the fetal position and become despondent kind of anxiety. Go ahead ... make fun ... I'm a wuss.

9. Do you use cute cartoon type wrapping paper for Christmas presents or the not cutesy paper? Or are you one of those gift card and/or gift bag people?

I'm sure y'all will be terribly surprised by this. I buy plain green and plain red wrapping paper. I wrap all gifts, ensuring all edged are folded and clean and that all folds are crisp and equal. Then I use a solid color ribbon (usually curling ribbon) of a different color for each family member. For instance, Cam is silver so all gifts with silver ribbon are his ... but I change the colors every year and I don't tell anyone what their color is until Christmas morning!

10. How long do boiled eggs need to stay in the boiling water before they become hard boiled eggs?

You put the eggs in COLD water and bring the water to a boil. Just as they come to a boil, you turn off the heat, put a lid on the pot, and let the eggs stand for 15 minutes. Immediately drain the water and shock the eggs in an ice bath. Perfect!

11. Jason is coming in through your front door... Freddy is coming through your back door... zombies are at every window of the house and Norman Bates is calling to invite you to dinner... what do you do?

See number 8!

12. Did you know that the scariest part of Halloween is giving all of your Reeses Peanut Butter Cups away?

No ... it's even worse when the Reeses Peanut Butter Cups get melted and squished so that you can't eat the chocolate off of the peanut butter center. When that happens you WANT to give them all away.

13a. If you were to play a part of a haunted house (not the ghosts in the attic kind), what would you want to be?

Is there an opening for a Casper type friendly ghost?

13b. Have you ever played a part in a haunted house?

If you haven't already read #8, please do so now!

14. If Thursday Thunks had a Halloween party, what do you think Kimber & Berleen would come dressed as?

Thelma and Louise? Ketchup and Mustard? Sauerkraut and Brats?

15. Do you cook a turkey for Thanksgiving?

I haven't for many years, and I miss doing that! I think I need to find a local family for Cam and I to have Thanksgiving with this year.

16. Have you ever read a book that scared the pants off of you?

Scary books get much the same response as Haunted Houses. I can't even imagine picking one up and considering reading it.

17. Whats the predicted high temperature for today?

67 degrees F! In Chicago! At the end of October! Can you believe it?

18. Have you ever howled at the moon?

Howled at THE moon, or catcalled at A moon?

19.You are in an alley and a werewolf and a vampire are coming at you - one of them has to win. Which one do you want to bite you?

Hmmm ... bitten by a hairy, 4-legged critter or an eternally dead but breathing critter? I'm pretty sure I've dated both of those guys in the past so I've already done my duty.

~*~*~*~*~

12 comments:

I am Harriet said...

You do have a point about Scooby :)

Have a great Thursday!
http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/10/did-you-know-that-scariest-part-of.html
You should join us on Monday for Monday Mayhem.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

I LOVE HALLOWEEN...
I LOVE SCARY MOVIES...
I LOVE TO SCARE PEOPLE..

I guess we never had a chance anyway huh?

BOO!

Jay said...

I don't do Halloween. I don't do scary movies either. Well, not much anyway. Most scary movies don't scare me. They just annoy me. And slasher movies make me laugh. Really good suspenseful movies are fine though.

rage said...

I will be at the house passing out candy although the kids won't be here. At least, I don't think they will be. Eeep. Maybe I will just be eating candy.

snugs said...

So you are like the scrooge of Halloween huh? I love Halloween, I love creative costumes and I love to scare people...BOO!!!

Jinxo56 said...

Since I have to be at work I won't be doing anything for Halloween. I won't even pass out candy because I will be asleep when the kids are out.

Anonymous said...

I don't do scary movies. At all. And I wouldn't do Halloween if I didn't have small kids. It's just not that big of a deal to me.

peace...

Nolens Volens said...

Good "thunking". ;)

Deech said...

Great Answers...

Sorry that you don't get into Halloween...for me the holiday is fading. Too many shenanigans.

Lu' said...

Re: #18, have you ever mooned? We went to moon the Amtrak in Ca. a couple of times.

Vixen said...

#8 ME TOOOOOO!!!!!!! OMG I *hate* Haunted Houses. They give me a serious anxiety attack just thinking about the idea of one. *shudder*

I love me some Scooby Doo. :)

Unknown said...

I could watch scary movies all day long! They are my most favorite!! But haunted houses? I only don't like them cause I don't like strange people touching me in the dark. Of course, I don't like strange people touching me in the light either, hence the reason I hate massages.