14 August 2009

Friday Wrap-Up

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~



We successfully navigated the bone scan yesterday ... TWICE! Why twice? Well, Cam got through the first scans (and yes, this is Cam's actual bone scan) just fine. We got to the hospital, they shot Cam up with radioactive dye, we patiently waited went shopping for 2 hours and they were done by noon. The tech walked us out and we headed home. Just as I walked in the door, the cell phone rang. Apparently there was a lack of communication between the tech and the radiologist and an entire scan sequence (3D of the midsection) was missing. We had to go back.

Remember, I live in the "country." It's a 40 minute drive each way to the hospital. I was irritated, but I just couldn't seem to muster up anger. Cam and I went back, smiled, laughed and got two complimentary meal passes at the hospital cafeteria for our troubles.

Ummm ... thank you, but ...

I should get the results of Cam's scan early next week.

~*~*~*~*~

Did you hear what Jet Blue is doing? They have an All-You-Can-Jet pass available for just $599. From the website:

Enjoy unlimited travel with our All-You-Can-Jet Pass! For just $599* you can take JetBlue anywhere you like, as often as you like, from September 8 to October 8, 2009. Use your All-You-Can-Jet Pass for business, for pleasure, to visit your favorite cities or to meet with a client. You might as well just do it all! With more than 50 cities to choose from, and for just $599, it's a deal you can't pass up.



Oh how I wish I had $1200 (Cam needs one too) and a month long vacation! I would be on this like ... well ... like flies on shit! Look at all of the cool places we could go - think of all the bloggers we could meet.

Ahhh ... dreams ...

And no, Jet Blue did not pay me to plug their deal (maybe I should have started with NOS like Matt Man did), but if they wanted to give me a couple of these passes I would not be too proud to accept them!

Ahhh ... BIGGER dreams ... if only I were a mommy blogger (go read Jay's post on this - it's really funny!)

~*~*~*~*~

ffi

And...here we go!

1. When will I ever learn?

2. True Blood and Hung was were the last good book I read or movie I saw or tv shows I watched.

3. Everything has its beauty but everything can also be made quite ugly.

4. Baby back ribs and apple slaw is what I had for dinner.

5. I'd like your opinion on Michael Vick for a post I'm planning tomorrow.

6. Far away from mean and judgmental people is where I want to be right now.

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to vegging, tomorrow my plans include visiting with friends who are stopping by for a BBQ and Sunday, I want to relax but have far too much to do to even consider that as an option!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

17 comments:

Schmoop said...

I dig hospital food. Nothing like a Jell-O square with canned turkey and an ice cream scoop of mashed potatoes with hurl gravy.

My opinion of Vick is that he has paid his dues. The Eagles hired him and so be it.

PETA can cry crocodile tears...wait, that would be an affront to crocodiles...They can cry people tears all they want. PETA's leadership is comprised of Sea Kitten loving ass clowns. Cheers!!

buffalodick said...

Matt said what I say- He lost millions, was embarassed nationally, and was sent to prison, where he served his time..What he did was despicable, but no one can change what happened..

Osbasso said...

While I don't really care about whether he ever plays again, I agree with the others so far...by our society's rules, he's paid for his crime. There's plenty of murderers back on the streets today who contribute well to society.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Did his time, now let him get back to making a living

That pass is cool, but Memphis is not on their routes

Jay said...

Personally I just can't wait for Eagles Fan vs PETA Protester. That is going to be hilarious!

The best thing about hanging out in the hospital cafeteria is sitting in the back and checking out all the nurses in their scrubs. Scrubs are very flattering to the booty. haha

Phfrankie Bondo said...

...I just don't think I have ever seen the skeleton of a real person before...facinating!

...leave Vick alone...has anyone ever heard of "forgive and forget?"...

Ken said...

Sometimes the system works.

Vick got caught, judged and did his time. Let it be.

There's a hundred more of him all around, they just haven't got caught.

Dana said...

Matt-Man, what was funny was that the radiologist acted like this was a special treat!

Vick - 1, PETA - 0

buffalodick, Vick - 2, PETA - 0

Osbasso, if it's not college football it doesn't really matter, does it?

Vick - 3, PETA - 0

Unknown said...

I'm with Phfrankie on this. Mike Vick paid his dues. I am a HUGE animal lover and could never fathom hurting one. He went to jail. And there have been far bigger crimes committed that people have served less time for, and my son is serving two years for failing to show up for probation? And probation was for a parked hit and run.

I guess we could argue all day about the size and severity of crime and how people are punished. But I, for on, DO believe in forgiveness and I can't imagine how people would be THIS ANGRY over him playing football again. (I'm speaking of the radio and TV, not you, cause I don't know where you stand). Every single person out there has sinned or broke the law. How would they feel if no one ever forgave them?

Dana said...

Bond, Vick - 4, PETA - 0

Jay, I think it's great that PETA protesters will have to pay an arm and a leg to be "seen"

Vick - 5, PETA - 0

Phfrankie Bondo, I have to tell you that the bone scan was the absolute COOLEST thing I have seen in a long time.

Vick - 6, PETA - 0

M said...

Cool bone scan! I remember when my youngest had to have a CT scan. I sat with the CT tech and got to see her brain as it was scanned. We still comment when she's done something stupid that we know she has a brain, we've seen it, we just wish she'd use it. :-)

Michael Vick? Whatever. Sports figures are rarely role models, so this is just further reasons not to elevate them to that level. Yes, he's paid for his crimes, but it doesn't make him any less of a sick person. If someone still is willing to hire him despite his criminal record, that's their problem. I personally won't be cheering him on.

I should have prefaced my comments on the subject with the fact I have a different perspective on this one. A very good friend of mine worked for a vet clinic during college that cared for several professional football players & their numerous pit bulls. I wish I could say this was only a Michael Vick situation - but it is not. Nor is it a "new issue" in the NFL.

Evil Twin's Wife said...

I've followed Vick's career since he played with Virginia Tech (my dad's alma mater). I was so outraged over what he had done, I was actually glad my father wasn't alive to hear the news. (in a metaphorical way, not literally, you know...). Anyway, I still think he's a horrible human being, but he served his time just like anyone else who has committed a crime, I suppose he's entitled to get back to his regular life - and that life is football....

Biscuit said...

I would so love to take advantage of that Jet Blue thingy. I only have one place I want to go, but I'd pay the $599 if life would make it possible.

snugs said...

interesting how this post of yours of various topics all ended up on Michael Vick. I am all about 2nd chances and the man served his time and earned his 2nd; BUT did you see the interview on Good Morning America today with him? He has no remorse, he appears heartless & monotone with no emotion..he was solely doing damage control in my opinion. The coach that hired him has his own give my boys a 2nd chance sad stories or Vick would not have stood a chance.
BTW, I sincerely hope your sons scans all turn out well and the upcoming school year is positive for him as well as you, middle school sucks, there is just no way around that. Good Luck!

Vixen said...

Wow.... FREE coupons to the hospital cafeteria?! Lucky ducky you guys! ;P

That Jet Blue offer is really kick ass!

katherine. said...

our hospital cafeteria has a salad bar, a fairly good grill...with excellent hamburgers, and a decent made to order breakfast chef. I spent four weeks there when my mom was a guest.

You probably heard enough from me about Vick already.

Until Cam can go back to full practice, I hope he is still hanging out with the team..learning the plays...and the players. Standing on the sideline being the coaching staffs go to guy may benefit him when he can start practicing again....

Average Chick said...

I have stories upon stories about hospital food....usually dealing with their way of making things healthier..I'm just waiting for the scale at the door so if you are too overweight they won't serve you....

I really hope the Jet Blue thing is a start of a trend..I would soooo take advantage of it!