17 November 2008

Indy Blogger Fun

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Why is it that blogger meets always involve too much food and too much beer? Well, maybe not too much beer for me this time, but ...

So, got to Indy around noon on Saturday. Got to see Osbasso (of HNT fame) again and got to meet M (Rumblings and Bumblings). We headed to the airport where we picked up ASM (Another Suburban Mom). Then it was time for lunch where we would meet NY Diva (mph-NYDiva), P & S (CelloBiscuit), and their wonderful little EZ-E.

Lunch was at Five Guys Burgers and Fries - a chain I had never eaten at but YUM! I had the best bacon cheeseburger I've had in a long time. And the fries? Seriously, I think the best I've ever eaten! After stuffing our faces and corrupting EZ-E with those yummy french fries, we headed back to the hotel.


ASM and I roomed together (I know I just made a bunch of you jealous - knowing that I was in the same room as ASM while she was showering). We stayed at the Hilton - on the executive floor (ASM had many tricks up her sleeve). We each got our own Hilton robe and there were Crabtree and Evelyn toiletries! WooHoo! After everyone freshened up and washed off the travel funk, we headed out for round two of food.


Saturday night was spent at the Broad Ripple Brewpub where we met up with Flyboy and A Living Diary. Fabulous food, awesome beer, and great friendships! Now, y'all know I must take pictures of the food - and the beer. I had the Spinach Melt (spinach, sour cream & water chestnuts on sourdough bread with monterey jack cheese and tomato) and the Bigger Boy Ale (can anyone say 8.4% ABV?)

After dinner and beer, it was time for something a little more crazy - the Wild Beaver! How could we not go to a bar called the Wild Beaver? Rumor has it there are some pics of some half-drunk bloggers standing around the Beaver, but my camera didn't contain any of them. ASM and M consumed Beaver Juice (yes, in public).
I decided to stick with shots of Patron Tequila, but couldn't find anyone willing to drink it with me! Hmmmm ....

I think most everyone slept well Saturday night even though M's phone was busier than a one-legged cat trying to bury a turd on a frozen pond. Yeah ... I actually did write that ...

Sunday morning it was time for one last get together - breakfast at Le Peep where we met up with American Honey and Yummy (sorry, Yummy doesn't blog, he just plays a character on American Honey's blog). More great food and interesting conversation - especially when American Honey was reminissing on a guest post she wrote where she was lambasted by a reader. Anyone want to guess who that reader was?? *slowly raises hand* Yep! It was me! Actually, although it had the potential to be an extremely difficult moment, it ended up being something we were able to laugh about.

Oh my goodness! I almost forgot the highlight of the weekend!! Right before checking out of the hotel, ASM asks, "Will you take a picture of my ass? I want to send it to Hubman so he can see what thong I am wearing." I don't think she's yet recovered from the "phone burn" she received as I swipe the phone right from her grip and then pretended like I couldn't figure out how to take a picture so that she would stand there half nekkid for just a few seconds longer *gigglesnort*

EDIT: Hubman is so good to me all of you, he and ASM have given me permission to post my handy-work!

Sorry there aren't any blogger pics. Many of those I met this weekend blog anonymously, and I wasn't sure which bloggers were OK with the faces plastered on my blog and which were not. I decided to err on the side of safety.

Wish y'all could have been there! It is always wonderful to meet the whole person rather than just the blogger!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

50 comments:

we're doomed said...

So!! You are a Patron girl. LOL I should have guessed.

Yesterday's Lineage said...

Glad y'all had some fun, and made some memories....

~c

Real Live Lesbian said...

At the very least, you could have shown the thong pic! LOL

Glad you had a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

A+ for the wonderful trip report, and I agree with RLL on many things, including your omission of the thong pic...

Hubman said...

Thanks for the pic of my wifes ass! Did you do like I normally do and give it a little squeeze before she pulled her pants back up?

I have the picture on my phone- perhaps I'll post it on my blog later today...

Schmoop said...

Wow...Tequila, Bacon Cheeseburgers, and hot ass...The Holy Trinity of a great weekend. Cheers Dana!!

buffalodick said...

From your description, I didn't have that much fun last year, let alone one week-end!

Christo Gonzales said...

***yawn***....how is your 'real life' since this is now 'it' ...is your husband happy - are you happy.... questions,questions, questions...

M said...

"I think most everyone slept well Saturday night even though M's phone was busier than a one-legged cat trying to bury a turd on a frozen pond. Yeah ... I actually did write that ..."

Okay, I seriously just spit out my coke!!

Although I like that because it makes me sounds all popular and stuff. (Shhh, don't tell anyone it was just Z)

M said...

And just wanted to add that I had a fantastic time!!

Dana said...

Doomed, you know me, I don't do things half-assed!

~c, it really does make bloggers far more "human" when you have a chance to meet them in person.

RLL, Well, hubman just sent it to me (it was on his phone) and you'll find it here now!

Dana said...

Tall Guy, omission has been correct! Enjoy!

Hubman, what I really wanted to do was leave a nice, big handprint on it for you to find when she got home, but I was worried that ASM might get a little uncomfortable sitting on that plane!

Matt-Man, I'm just sorry I was not able to get out your way. The only thing that was missing was a little loose meat!

Dana said...

Buff, what's even more amazing is that it was all accomplished in 24 hours!

DB, thanks for asking. Things continue to improve on the home front making all of us a bit happier! Progress, not perfection.

M, you'll notice that I was kind enough NOT to mention the two times we had to skid to a stop while you were driving, right?? I had a wonderful time too!

Biscuit said...

Sounds like a great time was had by all! I'm always jealous of bloggy meet-ups.

And now I'm hungry!!!

M said...

I was glad to see that you left out the part where I nearly killed you.

I'm afraid your following would form a posse and come after me with pitchforks or something.

13messages said...

I love reading your words. Here's hoping I can make it out to future meetups.

Dana said...

Biscuit, one of these days dear ... one of these days!

M, and not just me!! You nearly took out FOUR bloggers!! Just think of the mess you would have created in the land of HNT!!

13 messages, This one was close enough for me to drive to and really was a TON of fun! And thank you for the compliment!

Christo Gonzales said...

so then I guess you subscribe to the notion that there are 'fibs' and then there are 'lies' and this is the 'progress' that you appreciate?

Jay said...

My three favorite things in the whole world are Patron Tequila, Bacon Cheeseburgers and a beautiful ass in a thong.

Not necessarily in that order. ;-)

Nicey said...

Awsome weekend, sounds just up my street, nice Ass doncha know, how did you contain yourself :o
Laters

Nicey

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

WTF...I left a message here earlier...

OH WELL

Glad you had a wonderful time meeting blogger friends...jay and I are talking about a meet for bloggers in Tunica in the spring...

set your date

Brandi said...

It was so great to meet you! This was an excellent recap.

My face is plastered all over my site so I don't mind but I think I was in more group shots so it would depend on them.

Jeff B said...

Good grief! It sounds like there was a mid-west blog convention going on out there.

Leighann said...

Friends, Food, and Hot Asses...what more could you ask for?

Glad you had fun!

Anonymous said...

Oh, man! I wish I could have been there! Sounds like so much fun!!!

I've known M online for quite a few years and haven't ever met her. I adore her! She's sweet, isn't she? Too funny about the phone. ;)

Glad you had a good time. Everyone needs that once in awhile, right?

Deech said...

Very Nice. Next time you are in South TX we so definitely have to get together and meet! You are an excellent blogger!

Vixen said...

Sounds like an awesome time! :)

Dana said...

Jay, you would drink Patron shots with me, wouldn't you? All the more reason I need to head further south next time!

Nicey, it took all of my angelic ways to resist slapping that hiney!

Bond, I'd love to meet up with y'all, but that would be a flight for me - can't do a 10 hour drive (each way) on a weekend! Keep me in the loop though!

Dana said...

NY Diva, well, I didn't get anything from Friday night in because I wasn't there *sob* but I tried to get all of the rest in!

Jeff B, we could have had more and it would have been even more fun!

Leighann, she does have a nice ass, doesn't she? And just think, it's all because of YOU that I got to take that picture!

Dana said...

FF, you *should* have been there! Does it make you feel better to know that your name came up in blogger gossip? At least you know we were thinking about you!

Flyinfox, yes, we will certainly do that next time!

Vixen, shall we all meet up in CO next time??

Anndi said...

Five guys.. ate there once in Atlanta. MMMMM Meat!

Glad you had fun.

boo said...

Well! It does sound like you had a ton of fun. Good on ya, and love that shot of ASM's ass. Yowza!

behindcloseddoors said...

How exciting! I would love to meet other bloggers but I've yet to meet anyone in my area of the country.

Nice bum ASM!

rage said...

T and I were going to be at that thing, but with just coming back from Vegas and all we just couldn't afford the trip. :(

We are sorry we missed it! It sounded like a fun time!

Another Suburban Mom said...

And I felt so bad that you had 'trouble' with my phone. I was worried I was imposing on you asking you to take the pic. I guess I was wrong.

You should have said something, I might have let you spank me lightly.

Honey said...

Patron!?! Gawd, I should have made the trip down on Saturday. See, I *knew* there was something about you even back when we were bantering. LOL

Really, it was great to meet you and everyone else. I'm glad Yummy and I could make it down on Sunday at least to see all of you before you took off.

I'm tellin' ya... there will be plenty of Patron flowing at the wedding... Are ya' up for it?

Nolens Volens said...

I'm so pleased that you and other bloggers had fun while I worked/walked/biked my ass off at the retreat. ;) Seriously, I enjoyed my time at the retreat - even when I'm STILL recovering 36 hours after I left.

Brian Gardes said...

Sounds like a great weekend. Wish I could have been there. I'm sure that you and ASM could have used a turn down service.

Brian Gardes said...

Ans, seriously, where is the pic of your thong???

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

:::looks around does not see Dana...:::

OH DANA!!!!!!!!

HS said...

Glad to hear you had blast in Indy!

Thanks for sharing this! :)

Dana said...

Anndi, I had never heard of Five Guys, but was thrilled to be introduced!

Boo, does it make me a bad person if I enjoyed looking at ASM's ass.

BehindClosedDoors, and just where is your part of the country? You might be surprised at who you'll find!

Dana said...

Rage, sorry you weren't able to make it!

ASM, let me be quite frank. Asking me to look at your nekkid ass is NEVER an imposition!

Honey, I am always up for a great shot of tequila ... and a wedding! It was great meeting the both of you!

Dana said...

Nolens Volens, was that a shoddy attempt at a pity party??

Garbonzo, turn-down service? I'm not sure I've ever heard it called that before *giggle*

Bond, I'm here!! And will be up with a TMI Tuesday vlog after lunch. Things were a bit hectic this morning!

Dana said...

Hetero-Sapphic, it really was a fun time! Thank you for stopping by!

Jormengrund said...

Heh.

I'm really hoping that this trip gives you some more good ammo for your blog!

Here's to hoping that at least one or two nice stories will come of it!

Glad you had fun Dana!

BTExpress said...

I've met bloggers in five different cities and had a ball each time. Everyone I met exceeded my expectations. Next month I'm off to Las Vegas again to visit Tara again.

Os, eat your heart out. LOL

I have a suggestion about the pictures. Os set up a Flickr account that was password protected so those that attended his party in Dallas could post the pics we took on his birthday party weekend. It would be well worth it if you guys did the same thing. Talk to Os about it.

Semi-Celibate Man said...

Sounds like a lot of fun!

I had obligations this weekend, or I would have tried to go. I'm only a few hours drive from there...

Thanks for the recap, anyway. It was like being there.

Tink said...

Is that leopard print? *Wolf Whistles* Hehe.

Librarian Lee said...

YOU WERE IN INDY??? AND YOU ATE AT Le PEEP???????????? hrumph!