21 July 2008

Trip Results and Quirks

First things first ...

As y'all know, I headed out to Indiana this weekend to see my favorite pain in the ass buddy Tali. Well, there was a bit of a situation that occurred yesterday afternoon that involved her 10-year old son Matthew, his bike and a jumping ramp. Matthew is still in the hospital, under observation. He took a handlebar to his mid section and they are keeping an eye on him to insure he doesn't have a perforated bowel. I am currently babysitting Cam and Tali's three boys (2-year old Ciaran, 8-year old Sean and 30-something year old Andy). I figure it's the least I can do. If any of you are so inclined, I'm sure thoughts and prayers for Matthew (and for me) would be appreciated!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Now, I understand that Cathy (Practical Pisces) is a new blogger, and clearly she hasn't yet learned that I don't play well with others don't do memes, so this one time I'll make an exception.

You've probably seen this more times than you'd like a few times in other blogs - the six quirky habits meme. Of course there are rules, but you know me - rules, schmules ... but just in case you decide to do this (you know I don't tag) and you have a need to follow rules, here they are:

~ Link the person(s) who tagged you
~ Mention the rules on your blog
~ Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours…
~ Tag 6 following bloggers by linking them…
~ Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged.

Now, let's get down to business! This was too simple nearly impossible for me to do because I am such a quirk-free kind of gal *gigglesnort*

6. When I do laundry, all items that are put on hangers must face the same direction and be on the proper colored hangers; white for me, blue for husband, black for Cam.

5. I always do my dark loads of laundry first and end with the whites so that I can run hot water and bleach through the washer in my last load.

4. So as not to get stuck in the laundry mode, when I eat M & M's I first separate them into colors, and then eat them based on which color I have the most of - and always in twos. If I have an odd number of any one color, I give it to Cam to eat (or throw it away if he isn't around).

3. Staying with quirky food issues, I don't like my foods to touch on my plate and I always eat all of one thing (vegetables first, then meat, then starch) before moving on to the next food item, although I do my best to "hide" this quirk when eating out.

2. Although I write and eat only left handed, I paint with both hands and throw/bat right handed.

... and the number one quirky thing ...

When I go to the movie theater there are two things I must do:

(1) Buy Raisinettes and a small bag of popcorn and mix them together, and,
(2) Stay in the movie theater until all of the credits are finished ... and yes ... I read them.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

21 comments:

Tequila Mockingbird said...

memes rock. but yeah, i dont ever tag people either.

my quirky food thing: i am a giant condiments whore. i just shovel on as much as possible. mmmm ketchup!

Real Live Lesbian said...

You throw away m & m's?

Jay said...

Ok so the separating the M&Ms thing is kind weird. LOL ;-)

I do laundry the old fashioned way. Stuff as much as I possibly can into the washer and wash it all in cold. I get laundry done pretty quickly that way.

Oh and clean clothes are in the dryer and dirty clothes in the washer. When the dryer is empty I pour detergent into the washer and let er rip.

justsomeguy said...

I knew you had to be left-handed!! Why? I don't know but somehow I just knew it. I catch myself eating things seperately too and when I notice that I'm doing it, I make it a point to switch up. I bat and play golf right-handed but most everything else is done left-handed.

Thinking kind thoughts for you and all the boys. And Tali too. Hopefully, things will work out fine.

Karen said...

As far as quirks go, those are not too bad. I don't think I have a laundry quirk because I generally do fluff and fold or leave it for the cleaning lady.

As for a food quirk, I cannot eat a single bite of anything unless I have something to drink. I think the food will get stuck in my throat if I can't wash it down or something.

Knight said...

Just like the good doctor I sort of assumed you were left handed as well. It just makes sense.
I hope Matthew is doing okay. He sure is a cute kid.
I used to eat my food separate and in order like you but then I developed a texture thing and now I eat in halves to mix it up. Like half of each food type in order and then go back to the beginning.

boo said...

How are you this freaky combination of Gnymph and I? He's the lefty with righty tendencies, and I'm the weird food girl. I had to teach myself how to eat a sammich. They still laugh at me, because 9 times out of 10, I just can't do it. I'll spend a half hour building the perfect sammich, then eat it in layers. Le sigh*

Lu' said...

isn't it against the law to through away candy, hee hee hee.

Real Live Lesbian said...

I came back to see if there was a progress report....and I see that I forgot to say that prayers and healing thoughts are on their way, for Matthew and Tali and the other children...even that really big one. ;)

tt said...

Well, what's a vaca w/o a few interuptions?? right? Hope everything is ok at Tali's!
girl...you are one quirky chica. Throw away m&m's because it's alone or the wrong color??? that's just wrong..
of course there was a time when I couldn't eat blue food...not that there's a lot of food that's blue, but i couldn't eat the M&M that were blue. Food shouldn't be blue.
:)

Schmoop said...

I hope Matt is doing well.

Ha. I eat one thing at a time as well. Wacky, eh? Again, I hope all turns out well. Cheers Dana!!

Dana said...

Tequila, I'm a bad meme player - I think it's a result of playground trauma in grade school!

RLL, only if there is an odd number of any one color *wink*

Jay, I think separating the M&M's is just an extension of eating my foods separately!

Dana said...

Good Dr., oh no! My left-handedness is showing through!

Karen, oh to be single and be able to use fluff-n-fold!

Knight, I have texture issues too - fortunately I just eliminate those foods entirely. Tapioca?? AACCKK!

Dana said...

Boo(duh), I used to eat my sandwiches, burgers and pizza in layers, but have forced myself to let go of that quirk!

Lu, the M&M police might be on their way right now!

RLL, I haven't heard anything since I left S Bend at about 7PM yesterday, but will keep the blog updated as I know more.

Dana said...

tt, those odd, mutant M&M's are just not OK in my book! Better the trash than I eat a *gasp* odd number!

Matt-Man, no! I'm starting to think you might be copying my quirks!

cat said...

Oh lord, I will say many prayers hoping that he is better and able to go home soon.

You sound so much like me, I do the same with my food, but, I eat protein first then veggies and so on.

I love skittles and seperate them by color.....so funny, I thought I was strange, good to know I'm just as normal as everyone else.

buffalodick said...

Obsessve/Compulsive comes to mind on laundry and food! I have to have the denominations of my money in order(smallest to biggest) in my wallet... after that I pretty much wing everything!

Liz Hill said...

I hope Matt is doing better.

You throw away M & Ms?????

Farmer*swife a/k/a Glass_Half_Full said...

I love quirks! I love to learn about other's quirks! Thanks for sharing!

As American as Apple Pie said...

I have many of these (or close versions) myself. I never noticed the food thing when we had supper, probably because I was too busy talking or focused on separating my own food!

Crazy Charlene said...

dana,

I enjoyed posting on Sunday's secret, i have started a blog where I can post secrets and other people can too.
A fucking miracle happened today and I am so excited about getting back into hnt....well, you can read my post today about what happened when you have time. I have got to go get out my camera, for thursday hnt
Charlene