29 January 2008

... and I Thought I Was a Cold-Hearted Bitch!

Boy did I get a surprise today! R.E.H. (visit him [HERE] and be certain to read [THIS POST] regarding an amazing writer's challenge he is sponsoring) bestowed upon me the Biggest Heart Award!



I don't get awards, but this week has been an exception. Hey! Wait!! Now that I think about it does that mean I have earned the Biggest C.O.W. Heart Award??

Random thought there ... focus ... focus ...

My understanding is that awards of this nature are meant to be passed along, and I've got just the person to pass this on to. She likes to let people think that she is one tough cookie, but she's just a wad of Double-Bubble. She even wears a super hero costume to attempt to hide her vulnerabilities even more, but lately she's been giving all of us a little peak behind the costume, and I for one am enjoying it.

You know what she did this week? She sent me a REAL (read snail mail with postage AND a hand-written note) card to wish me a great first day at my new job.

That's right, I'm passing on the BIGGEST HEART AWARD to Leighann (a.k.a. Wonder Woman if you ever run into her in a Blog Talk Radio chat room.) If you don't read her already, please visit her [HERE].


19 comments:

Jeff B said...

I'm getting all warm and fuzzy here. Oh wait, that's just the cat sleeping on my lap.

Dana said...

Jeff, I was worried there was something else in your lap!

Jay said...

Leighann is pretty cool. You're pretty cool too. I'm not sure who is cooler. It's too close to call. You're both equally cool. ;-)

captain corky said...

Very nice, and congrats to the both of you.

R.E.H. said...

Well deserved. If it makes you feel better - think of it as the Biggest [Cold] Heart award ;)

Excellent choice of whom to pass it on to. Most excellent!

buffalodick said...

How nice! Makes you think we are all friends out here!

Dana said...

Jay, I am MUCH cooler, but only because I have 13 years of experience on her!

Corky, thanks! I know it wasn't a tit pic, but it was still a nice post.

R.E.H., thank you. I actually admit to being warm and fuzzy, with feeble attempts at bitchy.

Buff, kind of an intersting concept, isn't it?

Doc said...

Wow... Leighann is piling up the awards too... She won my "Peach" award for her comment on my word game. Congrats again Leighann!!

Schmoop said...

Congrats again Dana. And Leighann...She needs to give us a more gratuitous peek behind that costume. Cheers!!

Leighann said...

Well hot diggity! First I win a big juicy peach and now this?? What's a girl to do??

Thank you my friend. Very much.

Dana said...

Doc, you just wanted to copy me and be one of the cool kids, didn't you?

Matt-Man, she's been better, but like you I want MORE!

Leighann, if I'd have known Doc was going to do you first I wouldn't have settled for sloppy seconds.

Doc said...

I had mine first... LOL!

Unknown said...

Give the girl a bgi head why don't you????
She is a gem isn't she and so are you.

Dana said...

P, she can be a gem ... AND a pain in the ass ... which is why I like her so much!

Leighann said...

Wow, a Doc/Dana sandwhich *giggle*

It really IS my lucky day!

MrRyanO said...

I think I just cried a little bit. LOL

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you!

You are one special lady!

Anonymous said...

I had to giggle at cold heated bitch
I always get called a cold hearted mo-fo
A badge of IDGAF I always thought!

Scarlett said...

Congratulations! You are a sweetie and so is Wonder Woman! You both deserve it!