23 April 2018

After The Secret

For anyone who missed it, this was my Sunday Secret yesterday ...



I suppose this was a long time coming. I had to "rescue" Cam from Podunk shortly after Mike and I moved to Las Vegas. Cam found himself at the wrong end of an armed robbery (marijuana involved - in his apartment) and then an eviction.

Because of the dynamic between Mike and Cam (tumultuous is an understatement), Cam moved in with my mom. She supported him financially for a year. When my relationship with Mike went to shit and I needed to find a place of my own, I was excited to include Cam in my move. 

I found a PERFECT solution - a condo with 2 master bedrooms. This gave Cam his space and me my space. That was in late October 2017. Cam was attending college classes at a local community college ... it seemed things were on the right track.

Then my dad died in early December. Cam and I delayed the trip to Washington so that Cam could finish his finals. We went to Washington, took care of business, and drove dad's 1999 Suburban back to Las Vegas.

It was at this point that Cam decided college wasn't his gig (not surprised - I tried desperately to get him on the vocational school track).

I was patient - letting Cam find his way, but in early February I set my foot down - either go back to school or get a job - sitting in your room all day playing Xbox is not an option.

I reminded him of this weekly.

In early March, he lost his mind, and his temper. He was out of control. He was punching walls and screaming at me. I remained calm and told him that this was NOT okay - he could not behave this way and live in our home.

He left a week later.

I didn't kick him out of the house - I just set boundaries - boundaries he thought were unfair.

He packed up his room and left.

Although I've texted him, he has not let me know where he is or what he is doing.

I did snoop a bit - looked at his call history on his cell phone - and it appears he is in Utah. This is actually the best place he could be. He has a buddy who is in the Air Force and stationed at Hill Air Force Base in Utah. It looks like this might be where he is.

In a span of six months, I lost my (six year) relationship with Mike. I lost my dad. I lost my son. 

This hasn't been easy ...

4 comments:

Mike said...

Your stress score must be off the chart.

Dana said...

Mike, ya think?? Then add to that two moves within the last 18 months? I'm hanging on as best I can!

Aunt Becky said...

I wish I didn’t understand this but I do. I’m so sorry Dana. We really need to Skype soon.

Dana said...

Aunt Becky, In my perfect world? NO ONE would understand this. And yes ... SKYPE!!!