20 April 2018

10 Things Thursday


  1. I have been at my current job for 26 months, and for 26 months I've been playing catch-up. Financials were behind from day one of my employment. Yesterday? I finally caught up. I had no idea how much that was weighing on me until I sent the email to the CEO - the relief was overwhelming.
  2. In case 45 makes you as nervous as he makes me, this video - Disaster Manual: Surviving Nuclear Fallout might be worth a view.
  3. Did you know that this is a thing??? Apparently their annual cookie crack sale isn't enough of an assault on us! 

      
  4. Who remembers the technological marvel of the home intercom system?? My aunt and uncle bought a house in 1975-ish and it was equipped with one - I thought it was the most amazing thing ever - and NuTone (the company that cornered the home intercom market) is still around and kicking. If you want to find out what they are up to now, you can read this article.
  5. Did I mention that for the first time in 26 months my financials are current???

  6. Just putting this here because ...
  7. I think I have a mint chocolate problem, which is odd because I'm not a fan of mint. That said, there can't possibly be anything wrong with Andes Mint Brownies, can there???
  8. On my Saturday date with mom last week, she decided it was appropriate to share with me that she cheated on my dad when they were married. I have lived 53 years without knowing that and I could have lived another 53 years without knowing that. There are just some things you don't share with your kids.
  9. I mean, I didn't find it necessary to share with her that I was back at the club for a second time last week ... because there are just some things you don't share with your parents *wink*
  10. Let's not forget that today is a very special day in Las Vegas. There has been a surge in tourism this week ... go figure ...

2 comments:

Mike said...

1. & 5. - Are you even going to get out of bed this weekend? Just lay there and soak up the feeling.

Dana said...

Mike, I don't know if I'll spend the weekend in bed (do people really do that?), but I do know that I feel like I can actually take a day of two off ... and by off I mean not logging into my computer AT ALL.