26 April 2018

10 Things Thursday


  1. I have far too many pet peeves, however one that is right up there at the top of my list? 7:00 AM in the morning (for example). Look people, it is either 7:00 AM or it is 7:00 in the morning. It is never 7:00 AM in the morning!
  2. Oh! Oh! And another one ... I was watching my local news yesterday and they were talking about the fact that our expected high temperature for the day was 15 degrees above the average temp for that day. One of the newscasters said, "We are always either above the average temperature, or below the average temperature." Ummmmm ... that's how it gets to be an AVERAGE tempERATURE *smdh*
  3. And since I'm complaining about meteorologists ... 
  4. (via xkcd)
  5. I keep toying with the idea of spending one or two days each month in a coworking space. I stumbled upon Coworker - a website that lets you search for coworking spaces based on your location. One of these days ...
  6. Speaking of work, now that I am caught up I'm still having an issue ... planning my day. I'm able to have a completely different work routine and I haven't quite figured out what that routine should be.
  7. According to Lifehacker, working on Sunday nights can give you work-life balance. Oddly enough, I actually do this ... otherwise I just toss and turn on Sunday nights anticipating the Monday nightmare.  
  8. I need this, because EVERY EMOJI EVER!!! 
  9. Now ... if someone would just put together an emoji dictionary so I'd know when to use all of those emojis, I'd be set! What's that you say ... such things exist?? Sure enough, a quick google search found the Emoji Dictionary and Emojipedia!
  10. Who remembers the Whopperito? I loved that "sandwich" and stopped going to Burger King when they took it off the menu. Now I've discovered there is a Bring Back the Whopperito facebook page! 
  11. If you binge watch Food Network you'll often here the word umami. I was like, "What the hell is umami?" so decided google was again my friend. Guess what I learned? Apparently western "scientists" have decided that we don't just have four tastes (salt, sweet, sour and bitter) ... no ... we have a fifth taste ... UMAMI!! I think someone with too much time on their hands made this one up ... or they were describing a Whopperito *snicker*

2 comments:

davesnothere said...

I loved Whopperitos.

Mike said...

I can't remember the last time I saw 7AM let alone someone talk about it.