10 June 2010

Questions And More Questions

~*~*~

Let's see, this started out as Jay doing Savannah's “Questions” meme - a meme with a twist. This meme is constantly evolving - I answer the 10 questions that Jay posted and then post 10 questions of my own for anyone to answer on their blog or in comments. Jay asked some great questions - I couldn't resist the pull to the "dark side."


1. You’re building your dream house. What’s the one thing that this house absolutely, positively MUST HAVE? (other than the obvious basics of course)

A library. One constructed with warm, dark woods. One with comfy chairs and sofas. One with an espresso bar in the corner. One that looks like this:


2. What is your dream car?

Can we talk? I don't have nice car envy. I'm a functional, practical kind of gal. Not in a minivan or "crossover SUV" (i.e. minivans for people who don't want to admit they drive a minivan) kind of way, but in an I want a vehicle that gets me from point A to point B efficiently , comfortably and dependably.

Don't get me wrong, I can appreciate the beauty and quality of a Bentley, I just am not attracted to that kind of vehicle.

So, if I went "dream car" I'd have to go with a sentimental favorite, a 1969-1/2 Dodge Super Bee. And yes, it does have to be green! Give me the muscle!


And if I had to choose a modern day dream car? I'd go with the 2010 Dodge Challenger. And since I'm dreaming, I'd have it painted 1969-1/2 Super Bee Green *wink*


3. What is your favorite website that isn’t a blog.

The Google search page?? I don't have a website that I spend a great deal of time on. I flutter through all of the blogs in my reader, I glance at Facebook (and play hours of Bejewelled), and I keep TweetDeck running in the background ... always ...

4. iPhone 4 or Droid, which do you want?

Neither. I need a phone that I can make and receive phone calls on and that I can send and receive text messages on. A decent camera would be a bonus. Seriously, I wouldn't use much else on an iPhone or a Droid, so why bather paying some ridiculous amount for a data package?? And let's be honest here, would the internets come crashing down if I were away from twitter for a few days? Ha! I think not!

5. When you’re feeling down or lonely or just generally out of sorts, what do you do to cheer yourself up?

Drive. Preferably a nice, long road-trip. Some of that open road, 75 mph driving. Driving relaxes me and focuses me, as long as it's not rush hour Chicago traffic. I won't tell you what that does to me.

6. Tell me about something or someone that you love that most people seem to hate.

Lima Beans. I love lima beans and they seem to be an ignore legume. It takes a special person to appreciate the joy of lima beans ... like Matt Man!

7. What do you want to be when you grow up?

Crud ... I don't know ...

The problem with this question is that it changes as events in my life change. Recently I've been looking in to Special Education Advocacy. I have a strong desire to spend my work day making a difference, and if there is one thing this past year has taught me it's that there isn't an even playing field for parents of kids with special needs. I'd love to spend my working day changing that.

8. Would you go on a reality show if given the chance?

Ummmm ... maybe?? I don't know that I would want the media attention that comes with being on a reality show, but I sure would enjoy the opportunity to see if I could make it through a season of Survivor or The Amazing Race.

9. Who was your favorite teacher when you were growing up. (Grade school, Middle School, Jr. High or High School only.)

Mr. Elsworth, my 6th grade teacher. He was AMAZING. He made my feel OK being me during a time when my home life was chaotic and when puberty had really done a number on me (I was a 5'-8", 180 pound, 11 year old 6th grade girl - awkward anyone?).

And few years ago, I took the opportunity to send him an email telling him just that.

10. You get one pass to do something illegal or immoral. What are you gonna do?

Is it just a "Get out of jail" pass, or a moral pass that will erase my mind of any guilt?? My issue with illegal and/or immoral is the subsequent guilt and self-loathing that follows.

On second thought ... I think I'll take a pass on that on that pass ...

~*~

Now it's your turn! Here are 10 random questions for YOU to answer, either in the comments or on your own blog. Play if you'd like, but please let me know if you do!

1. What were you doing 10 years ago?

2. By this time next year, I ...

3. Do you think the United States will elect a female President in your lifetime? Do you think this would be a good thing?

4. Which fictional, TV show character you would shag anytime?

5. What is your greatest pet peeve?

6. Tell me about your most recent trip of more than 100 miles?

7. Which do you use more often, the dictionary or the thesaurus?

8. Do you have a nickname? What is it?

9. What are you dreading at the moment?

10. Do you worry that others will judge you from reading some of your answers?

~*~*~

18 comments:

Schmoop said...

Awwww you said I'm special...You didn't that in the retarded way did ya? Lima Beans rule and my gf back in HS didn't have a Super Bee but she did have a Plymouth Road Runner. The back seat was HUGE. Cheers Dana!!

Nolens Volens said...

I happen to have a die-cast model of that Dodge Super Bee. In that color too. If only I knew where it is...

Anonymous said...

I luuuuuve me some lima beans!! Fresh is best. And succotash too.

Growing up, my neighbor had a 1969 lemon yellow Road Runner with a 426 hemi. Talk about a fast car!

Took you up on the questions meme too. It won't post till later today - need time to think up some challenging questions.

Anonymous said...

Sign me up for the lima beans--I never met a legume that I didn't like! Soynuts, black beans, lima beans, chick peas, etc. all are delicious!!

As for dream cars... I am gonna go with the car Steve McQueen drove in Bullitt, a dark "Highland Green" 1968 Ford Mustang GT 390 CID Fastback. If only I could be 1 percent as cool as Steve McQueen.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Great car pick indeed...

No to the Lima beans though

Dana said...

Matt-Man, not "special" in the retarded way, more like "special" in the who in the world would ever consider putting liver an a crock-pot sort of way!

Nolens Volens, I have a die-cast model of my Super Bee, and I even know where it is!!

bikinfool, another Lima bean lover?? Who knew?!?! And a taker on the questions - woohoo! I was hoping to get at least one!

Dana said...

Tall Guy, sure! All of you Lima bean lovers come out of the closet once you know it's safe!

Vinny "Bond" Marini, I do love me some muscle cars!

Jay said...

Great answers! Thanks for playing.

I love me some Lima Beans. I prefer the Fordhook Limas, but the baby limas are okay too.

And I love to just get out and drive too. It's comforting.

And now, I shall answer your questions..

1. Living in Springfield, MO working for a defense contractor.

2. am very worried that things won't be any different.

3. Maybe. I hope so. I mean, not Sarah Palin, but, you know. I think it would be cool.

4. Lorelai Gilmore. OH baby! Beautiful, sexy, smart and funny!

5. People who want to turn left w/o a protection light causing traffic to back up.

6. Omaha, NE. I probably blogged about it. Nice town, good people.

7. The Thesaurus.

8. Jayman, of course. haha

9. So many different things. I'm full of dread this summer for some reason.

10. Nah. What do I care? ;-)

Mike said...

1. Was retired and going back to work as a contractor making three times as much money doing the same job.
2. ....? Since I'm retired I don't do long term planning.
3. My wife is predicting that Claire McCaskill will be the first female president. It won't be good or bad if the right person gets elected.
4. Ghost whisperer
5. meme's
6. Prague
7. Dictionary because I can't spel. Thak GOd the online one's give sugggesstations.
8. Mike is a nickname.
9. The last question of this meme.
10. Whew, nope. Couldn't care less.

Lu' said...

1. I was still in the greenest place on earth, Pennsylvania.
2. I will be one year closer to retirement.
3. Yes and Yes!
4. David Addison
5. finding empty containers on the counter
6. Colonial Williamsburg, very nice and worth the trip.
7. dictionary. Loves me the dictionary.
8. several, one being SusieQ
9. any time I will spend in the sun. I think of it often.
10. no.
10.

Karen said...

I am going to answer your questions and jays tonight. :-)

Sedorah said...

1. Getting used to being a SAHM after working for 10 years.

2. I will be a year older and hopefully NOT deeper in debt.

3. Yes and it wouldn't be a good or bad thing if she is right for the job.

4. David Starsky

5. Smokers who throw their cigarette butts on the sides of the road or while driving. You have an ashtray in your car...use it!

6. Drove to San Francisco. Hmmm, that was 2 years ago...I need a vacation!

7. I use both all the time.

8. Yes, but if I told you, I would blow my stealthy on-line identity.

9. Laundry

10. Nope.

Jeff B said...

I hated when my mom would break out the bag of frozen mixed vegetables for dinner, cause it meant Lima beans. Even buried in a hill of mashed potatoes, they are still like eating green chalk. Blech!

I've copied your questions and will post later tonight.

Raquel's World said...

1-I was working at a Waffle House!@$#@@!!??
2-Hope to be completely past this roller coaster relationship I've been in for the past decade
3-Possibly, And I would love to see how great I'm sure she'll do
4-?
5-When a man is whiny
6-In April I went to NJ for a funeral.
7-Dictionary
8-Roc :)
9-My next light bill
10-slightly, not really

Judd Corizan said...

Hi Dana-

I'm Judd Corizan from the blog Sunday Stealing. Every week we rip a meme off someone's blog. Today we chose yours. We give you full credit and link back to your blog. In the same spirit of this meme, we added 10 more questions of our own! The great thing is that a lot of previous "victims" such as yourself have become regular players! We usually publish the blog between 3 and 6 PM EDT Saturday. We usually get between 50 to 80 people who play and comment on each other's responses. And a lot of our players are previous victims of our theft like you! We hope you play along in the weeks to come! Thank you and have a great day...

Judd

Another Suburban Mom said...

I am up and joining in on the fun.

Jeff B said...

Did it...finally

Jormengrund said...

Let's see.. It's been a while, but I'm going to try my hand at this:

1. I was working as a temp-to-hire for various mills and lumber companies here in the NW.

2. Hope to have a place of my own, and solid, stable job!

3. Yes. It could be a good thing. I honestly think that some folks wouldn't be surprised if Hillary Clinton took office.. Wait.. You said FEMALE president, right? My bad!

4. I have to go with cartoons, and say that Betty Boop is my girl!

5. Pet peeve.. Drivers who can't read a freaking speed limit sign. That's gotta take the cake!

6. More than 100 miles? That would have been Vegas baby!

7. I'd have to say the dictionary, as I use it to help my kids pick out the correct word, and how to spell it correctly. Personally, I don't tend to use either.

8. Yeah. As my full given name bothers me, I tend to go by "Jon". The only issue I have with this is having folks add an "H" in the middle, and turn me into someone I'm not!

9. I'm dreading moving, but sucking it up, and moving on.

10. Nah. I'm a person who says what's on my mind, and let everyone else be damned!

Loved the questions Dana.. I'll be back to lurk again another time!