31 May 2018

10 Things Thursday



  1. I used to be OBSESSED with my blog stats. It's been nice to come back to this space and not really give a fuck. That said? I do look at them occasionally just for fun. It appears that I have a Canadian contingency that I was not aware of (who are you people???), and quite a few readers who are interested in OLD (2010) posts. Maybe Dana's 10 Pearls of Snarky Wisdom and Don't Shoot! are timeless? Yeah ... I don't think so either.
  2. If y'all know me at all, you know that I have a Post-It Note problem ... one that likely needs an intervention. That said? I cannot imagine any use for these Extreme Post-It Notes 
  3. Did y'all hear about the Border Patrol Agent who detained two U.S. Citizens for Speaking Spanish? I couldn't make this shit up if I tried. Do you suppose he'd have had the same reaction if they were speaking German or French? I'm guessing it would have been a non-issue.
  4. Are you looking for some summer reading options? These are the 5 books Bill Gates says are worth reading this summer. I have already decided I'll be picking up a copy of Kate Bowler's Everything Happens for a Reason and Other Lies I’ve Loved.
  5. I read What Happened in Vegas | The days, weeks, and months after the worst mass shooting in modern American history with great interest. I was here in Vegas when it happened. I was less than 2-miles from the shooting. My son was supposed to be at the concert, but backed out at the last minute because he had a test at school the next day. At the time of the shooting Mike and I were already on the outs and sleeping in separate rooms, but I will ALWAYS remember the moment I ran into him in the hallway and he asked me if I had heard what had happened. That and the horrifying 90-minutes after learning what happened where I attempted to contact my son. Those who don't live in Vegas measure "recovery" in terms of tourism, but I can tell you that those of us who live here don't.
  6. I think I'll order a bunch of these (with my mug on them) and distribute them to all of my least favorite people 
  7. Apparently You Really Need to Delete Your Old Tweets (and some people need to just get off twitter entirely). Ummmm ... I have 41.5K tweets and have been on twitter since June 2008. I cannot imagine sorting through 41.5K tweets to find the dumb ones. Hell ... who am I kidding? They are probably all dumb.
  8. Mmmmmm ... elotes! I first learned of this wonderful summer treat while working in downtown Chicago where there were elotes carts - similar to a hotdog cart but better!
  9. Here is a fun quiz - Begins and Ends: TV Dramas. I confess, I only scored 25%, but considering I've only ever watched 4 of them, I'll take that as a win!
  10. And finally, What to Expect Your First Time at a Sex Club, an article that would have been far more valuable to me about two months ago, but good information just in case any of you decide to be adventurous *evil grin*

1 comment:

Mike said...

1. I don't look at them much anymore.
2. Post-It Notes are essential to life.
3. Yep, facepalm.
7. What are tweets?!
9. I knew 4 of them. I should have gotten 3 more.
10. Vanessa Marin is supplying you with a lot of material lately.