20 May 2018

Sunday Stealing | Care Bears

(Via Sunday Stealing)


What never fails to cheer you up?
Ohhhh ... as much as I bitch and moan sometimes, there are many things that never fail to cheer me up - the smell and taste of that first cup of coffee in the morning - an unexpected call from a good friend (*SIDE NOTE* If I answer your phone call? I consider you a good friend) - fresh flowers from the market - a surprise compliment - holding a door open for a stranger and having them smile or say, "thank you" - Guns N' Roses Sweet Child O' Mine on the radio. Clearly I am high maintenance, right?? *smirk*
Which friend do you have the most in common with?
This is tough question. I have a wonderful friend who is in Illinois who is my sister from another mother. She get's me and I get her - and that (a female friend) is really unusual for me. I also have a relatively new male friend that I met online. Sexually? We have a TON in common. I tend to believe that one person cannot give me everything I need, so I tend to seek out people who fit the bits and pieces.
One thing that never fails to anger you?
Just one? DAMN!! Let's go with institutional racism/sexism and people's inability to see that it is a problem. How's that for a light-hearted Sunday musing?
Favourite way to spend a sunny day?
This question requires more specific information. A sunny day in Seattle? Let me jump on a ferry and go to the San Juan's. A sunny winter day in Chicago? Let me go for a walk until my nose hairs freeze! A sunny summer day in Las Vegas? A well air conditioned movie theater would be ideal!
Create a fortune cookie note based on your week.

Favourite way to exercise?
Is sex an appropriate answer here? If not, I'll go with lifting weights - especially free weights in the "boy" section of the gym!
Favourite thing about your best friend?
I'm going to go with my Illinois friend and say, "Being able to not talk for a year and feeling like there has been no distance between us."
What kind of things do you like to create?
Hmmmm ... let's think about this ... I like to create curiosity in others - I like to create blurred boundaries. I bet you thought I was going to say "cookies"!
What languages would you like to learn?
I have TWO languages that I'd like to learn - Spanish (so helpful in the job market - especially in the southwest) and American Sign Language.
A topic you’re really knowledgeable about?
This is going to sound arrogant - and I'm NOT going to apologize for that. I am really knowledgeable in ANY topic I want to be really knowledgeable in.
When do you feel you look your best?
When I'm about 50 lbs lighter than I am right now?!?! Look ... I've spent the last 53 years being told that my value is tied to a number on a scale. I'm not proud of that, but that's where I am. 
What types of music do you like to listen to?
I'm trying to think of a type of music that I don't like listening to, and you know what? I can't think of a genre that is off limits!
Something that leaves you completely in awe?
Again ... this is not an easy question. Things that leave me completely in awe? Olympic athletes - people who are fluently bilingual - anyone who has overcome a significant obstacle in their life - stars in the sky.
What is your most childish aspect?
My most childish aspect? Believing (and hoping beyond hope) that there really might be a "happily ever after".
A time where you had to be really brave?
There have been many times in my life when I have had to be really brave. That is what happens when you refuse to fit in and take chances. If I had to pick one really brave moment? Calling my husband's brother to tell him that his brother had shot himself in the head. Not any type of bravery that I wish on anyone.
How do you like to keep warm?
*SNUGGLING* When that is not an option? I will make due with a hot bath, some old comfy sweats, and a fuzzy blanket.
What brings out your soft side?
What?? These are really vulnerable questions!! I'd like y'all to believe that I don't have a soft side - in fact I go out of my way to portray myself as someone without a soft side. Unfortunately, I'm a big ol' mess of goo. The best way to touch my soft side (that sounds a little naughty) is to be unexpectedly kind to be. I'm not used to people being nice - that isn't the life I've had. It always touches my heart when someone - anyone - is nice.
What is your favourite way to treat yourself?
Is treating yourself a thing? Ummmm ... does going to McDonald's count?
Something you’re proud of about yourself?
Goodness ... hmmmmm ... let's go with ... ummmmm ... can you tell I'm having difficulty answering this question? I am taking a trip in the way-back machine to my Army days and going with getting my Expert Field Medical Badge (EFMB) on the first try. The average attrition rate for the 10-day event is 80% and it's extremely unusual to get it on your first try.
Something you don’t care about?
Oh the list is long, but right now? I give ZERO fucks about the royal wedding.

5 comments:

Kwizgiver said...

I loved every minute of the Royal Wedding--it was a great escape from the sadness and anger I felt about another school shooting.

Stacy said...

Yowzers! I wouldn't want to have to make that phone call. I'm sure you had to be very brave at that time in more than just the call.

I didn't watch a single minute of the wedding and I didn't care.

Caerynn said...

That blurred boundaries thing has long been a favorite trait in others.

Bev Sykes said...

Loved your comments. You may have been the most candid of all of us. I have to agree with Kwizgiver, though. I loved the royal wedding...not because I have any sort of obsession with the British monarchy, but because we have so little (read: anything!) to feel excited abut in this country and I don't mind borrowing our "forefathers" and enjoy their joy. All WE have to look forward to is that damn military parade his nibs wants to give himself. That's something I am REALLY uninterested in!

Mike said...

I looked up the EFMB on Wikipedia. Nice job! How did you go from the medical field to accounting?