08 May 2018

TMI Tuesday | The meaning of life

(via TMI Tuesday Blog)

1. What makes you, you?
Can I just say that when I saw this was the first question for TMI Tuesday, I came *this close* to passing on the whole thing. 
Here's my deal ... I think this quote best sums up what makes me, me:
I myself am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions. ~ Augusten Burroughs
 2. Do you care more about doing the right thing or doing things right?
This is a no-brainer ... I care most about doing the right thing. I know that doing things "right" is elusive, but doing the right thing? That's about one's moral compass - it's not hard to figure out.
3. What is sexual freedom? Do you have it?
Hmmmm ... sexual freedom to me is being able to live your authentic sexual self. That's not always easy as social "norms" often battle with desires and needs. Do I have sexual freedom? Now more than ever, and I won't go back ...
4. In your romantic relationships, is trust more important than love?
Let me tell you a little story. Once upon a time there was a girl who met a boy. She was very apprehensive as she had met boys in the past who had broken her heart. She knew she wasn't the easiest girl to love - she was quirky - she needed someone in her life wh understood she wasn't "normal".
Fast forward six years. The girl has trusted the boy more than she has ever trusted anyone - she let her guard down. The boy started behaving strangely, and the girl started questioning her trust in the boy. The girl discovered the boy was professing his love to someone else. 
It was that EXACT moment that the girl realized that trust was FAR more important than love. 
 5. Your life, is it more of a dream or a nightmare?
GAHHHHH!!! It's a balance. Sometimes it feels like a nightmare, but I know the dream will come.
Bonus:  What is the last romantic thing you did for someone?
This is tough. Romance left my relationship with Mike over a year ago. He was romancing someone else - I was desperately holding on. Since January of last year, my life has been far more sex than romance. I miss romance - I miss being romantic - I've got nothing ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

1) wow....powerful

Mike said...

I looked it up. The meaning of life is simply whatever you want it to be.