30 March 2012

Friday Wrap Up

~*~

I haven't been so happy to see a Friday in a L-O-N-G time. Why? Because this week was spring break, and a 16-year old man-child with nothing constructive to do for 9 consecutive days is a disaster waiting to happen.

Just ask the mother of "tuck-n-roll Matt". You remember, don't you? The kid I had to take to the ER a few weeks ago after he decided it would be a good idea to jump out of my car - while it was moving - because he didn't want to go home? Yeah ... this week he decided going to a party and drinking excessively (as in he was a babbling idiot) was a good idea because even though I told him he couldn't spend the night during spring break, I would certainly change my mind because calling his mother to pick up his drunk ass would be akin to throwing him under a bus!

I called his mother to pick up his drunk ass.

And if you are curious? Cam did not drink, but that doesn't imply he was an angel.

~*~


I had my first (and second) designer cupcake last night. What? You think we have a designer cupcake bakery in Podunk?

Mike brought these down from a shop in Milwaukee.

My first foodgasm was induced by one of those pink jobbers on the center left - Strawberry Champagne. My second (I'm so glad foodgasms come in multiples) was the result of my palate being fondled by a Vanilla Bean cupcake (top right).


~*~

Last week, I was reminded once again, of my propensity to cause a ruckus when working with a team of women. See, I don't do the touchy-feely thing well, and generally? Women prefer opinions to be presented in a roundabout, less direct manner.

With a little dash of passive-aggressive.

And a heaping cup of understanding and praise.

Hell! Cam doesn't even get that!

Oops!




~*~

Hey! If you're not doing anything Sunday (and it's not Easter, so don't pretend you are going to church), Mike and I will be hanging out with Jay and Matt on I'm With Stupid at noon eastern time on their show - appropriately titled - Rock the Cradle of Love:

What's it like to be in a relationship with someone many years older or younger? Well, this week Jayman and Matt-Man are going to discuss these May-December loves with our good friends Dana and Mike. They can tell us what it's like to be the Cougar and the Cub and all the ups and downs of being involved with someone from a different generation. So join us as we analyze this phenomenon and even call in with your questions and comments.

This should be fun ...

~*~

5 comments:

I'm With Stupid said...

Sunday's show is going to be HUGE!! And considering the subject matter, infantile as well. Hey-Ooooooo Cheers Dana!!

Matt-Man

Mike said...

'don't do the touchy-feely'

NO WAY! Say it ain't so!

I'm With Stupid said...

If our show prep session is any indication, Sunday's show is going to be an all time classic! ;-)

Jay

Dana said...

Matt-Man, soooo ... *wrinkles forehead* ... does that mean the show is going to be a big baby??

Mike, I know, hard to believe, isn't it? Men tend to appreciate my approach - women? Not so much!

Jay, your show prep is never a good indication - you two crack each other up no matter what it is you're talking about.

Starle said...

Can't wait to see the show! I always get a bit twitchy reading moms-of-teens-logs. My kids are such arseholes already, I shudder to think!