02 March 2012

Some People Think Dandelions Are Pretty

~*~

Most people think they are pesky weeds that are impossible to get rid of.

I'm a dandelion of the latter variety ... just when you think it is safe to clear me from your reader, I come back with a vengeance (or at least that is the plan).

My tumblr experiment is now over. Archives have been deleted. I wrote one last "Many of y'all are just cliquey, self-important, narcissists" post (Why go out with dignity when you have an opportunity to piss off the cliquey, self-important, narcissists?).

Now?

I just want to write.

I miss writing.

I miss the real blogging community.

Micro-blogging is for wussies.

I miss people who have the capacity to form a cohesive thought containing more than 50 words, and that doesn't include a picture of a cat, a saying about beards, or a profession of love for Nutella (that will only make sense if you've spent any time on tumblr).

Is this sounding smug?

Maybe a little bit like I think I am better than those people?

Well?

I don't think I am better than all of those people, but I know I am better than most some of them.

What?

Ahhhhh ... it's good to be back!

~*~

8 comments:

I'm With Stupid said...

Cohesive thoughts? That's funny. Cheers Dana and get to writing!!

Matt-Man

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

HA! I did no such experiments, but just lost the groove...so call me Stella baby, cause I am getting my Groove Thing Back!

Osbasso said...

Woohoo! And welcome back!

You're fully aware of my dislike of both the "T" platforms. Possibly because I pride myself not being able to say anything (regardless of it's "importance") in a few amount of words...

Dana said...

Matt-Man, I know ... I may have to borrow Jay if I really want a cohesive thought!

Vinny, my grove just got terribly shallow.

Osbasso, well, I am back on the twitter platform now too, and I'll confess to leaving the door slightly ajar on the tumblr platform. That said? There is something about traditional blogging that really makes me happy!

Sunday Koffron Taylor said...

Welcome back, I was wondering where you had been off to.

Sunday Koffron Taylor said...

Welcome back, I was wondering where you had been off to.

Mike said...

The real blogging community welcomes you back.

Alfro said...

Glad you're back here.

Tumblr just seems too ADD for my liking....