06 December 2010

Have You Ever ...

~*~*~



Wanted to write with abandon?

Wished you could post something deeply personal on your blog?

Had something to share but feared the wrath of the trolls?

Or maybe you have family and friends who read your blog and speaking freely could create unwanted and unnecessary drama.

I'm not usually one who promotes other blogs. It's one of those things that can kind of snowball out of control and, quite frankly, if I think your blog sucks, I'm not going to to send people that direction to waste their time.

That said, occasionally a blog comes along that I think really has a purpose and fills a need. Band Back Together - where I posted Friday - is one of those blogs.

From the about page:

The brainchild of Aunt Becky from Mommy Wants Vodka, who, after delivering her third child, Amelia, who suffered from a neural tube defect at birth, realized (with the help of her amazing Band of Merry Pranksters) a need in the blog world for a place where we could all come to put our secrets down. A group blog that we could share our struggles and our triumphs as we walked through.

Band Back Together was formed.


So we invite you to put on your most comfortable pair of pants (or none at all, as the case may be) grab a drink or three, pull up a chair, make yourself nice and comfortable, and share your stories. Everybody needs a place where they can let it all out. Now you have it.


Don’t be shy now. Introduce yourself. Have a look around. There are all sorts of nooks and crannies for you to explore. Some may be empty now but soon will be brimming with people and stories. You’ll make some friends here; find some new people. Your people.


It’s safe here.


All the comments are moderated, all judgment checked at the door with your soggy wet clothes. Inside it’s warm and dry. We’re not here to judge how you feel or why you feel the way you do. So let it out. Write when you want to, support when you can and remember: you never know who might be helped by your words.


We’re none of us alone. It’s time to Band Back Together.

This was where I chose to share my feelings about hitting the one year mark away from husband because I knew that it would be OK just to be me. I knew that I could say, "You know this has really sucked at times" without someone stopping by and calling me a victim. I knew that other people considering leaving an abusive environment get tired of hearing, "Just leave" when it really isn't always that simple.

I am well aware that this type of writing just isn't what some of you do, but I also know there are quite a few of you out there who could really use this outlet and have valuable life experiences to share with others.

Think about it.

It's a good place!

~*~*~

2 comments:

we're doomed said...

BBT looks like a nice place to visit. And, a wonderful idea.

Evil Twin's Wife said...

I love that site. I need to add it to my favorites, although I'm upfront about Buddy's prematurity and all my miscarriages on my own blog. Still, almost 13 years later, it makes me sad. Thanks for promoting such a worthy site!