10 December 2010

Friday Wrap-Up

~*~*~

Wow! I cannot remember the last time I posted only three times in a week. Now I realize some of you might think that is still too often ... ehhhh ...

Work continues to kick my ass. The auditors are ... well ... auditors. They ask for silly things, requiring I spend hours at the copy machine and then double that time at the file cabinet putting everything back in order. Any free time I have is spent doing my "regular" job.

The upside? I've managed a few hours of overtime the last two weeks - something that seldom happens. It's kind of nice right before Christmas.

~*~

My employer has - historically (i.e. every year for the past 50+ years) - given a year-end bonus to every single employee the first full week of December. This year? It didn't happen, or hasn't yet anyway.

Rumor has it the bonuses are still going to be paid out, but with the economy being what it is, I don't bank on rumors ... or do any Christmas shopping on rumors. Let's just say I may be asking Jay and Matt to do a radiothon for Cam should the bonus rumor turn out to be false.

I think, more than anything, it's the absence of information trickling down that is the most frustrating. I know there is a group of people who know exactly how this is going to be handled, but they are - for whatever reason - keeping that information to themselves. Assholes ...

~*~

On the agenda for the weekend? Are you sure y'all can handle my exciting life? I'm telling you this is some really big stuff! While some bloggers are heading to Las Vegas for the weekend *cough*AuntBecky*cough* I'll be ...
  1. Picking up my geeky-chic glasses. That's right! I decided to embrace my inner geek and display it on my face. Or something like that. My glasses have been ready for pick up for a week, but it requires I travel to a MALL. AACCKKK!
  2. Doing laundry - lots and lots of laundry. The rule in my house is that I do not pick up clothes. I wash whatever is in the laundry basket. There has been nothing in Cam's laundry basket for three weeks now, and trust me, he doesn't have that many clothes. Something tells me this will be the week he realizes his clothes are now standing on their own on his bedroom floor.
  3. Shopping for the Secret Santa gift exchange at work. The accounting and IT departments get together every holiday season for a luncheon and Secret Santa gift exchange (can you say wild and crazy party animals?). We exchange names, and a list of three items - each under $20. We then buy one item off the list of the employee whose name we draw. I got an easy one this year that requires I shop a Starbucks. I like that!
  4. Writing out Christmas cards. That's right, this year I will be sending out a limited number of Christmas cards decorated by the students at Cam's therapeutic day school. I haven't seen them yet, but I have no doubt they'll be beautiful! If you'd like one adorning your holiday display, DM me on twitter or email me (dana.luann@gmail.com) your mailing address.
Have a great weekend ruffians!

~*~*~

14 comments:

Raquel's World said...

I want a card but when I click your email it says it cannot open for some reason that is too technical to write here.

Evil Twin's Wife said...

The holidays are always just a blur. I stay at home and am so far behind in laundry, my family might just fire me. LOL.

Deech said...

Dana, It has been rough all over. Money is scarce to say the least.

Dana said...

Raquel, hmmm ... well, if you come back to see if I responded to your comment my email address is dana.luann@gmail.com. Send me your address and I'll get a card out to you!

Evil Twin's Wife, I don't know whose bright idea it was to have the auditors come in the month of December, but that has really cramped my time. This is where I remind myself to be grateful that I have a job cramping my time :)

Joker_SATX, I know, and I do the financial for our Western Division branches. The reality of the financial picture is all too vivid for me!

Mike said...

Agree - Malls suck.

Raquel's World said...

There was a problem!
The recipient info doesn't seem quite right. Please look it over and try again.

Thats what I get when I try to email you. Guess it's not meant to be. Thanks for trying.

kristi said...

It has been so slow at my job but Monday we have an hour of overtime. WTH?

Jay said...

Wow! You have a wild and crazy weekend ahead of you. Hope you make it through safely. ;-)

Silver Tomboy said...

It sounds awful, but since I keep up with everyone (and I mean everyone) on FB, I'm less inclined to send out Christmas cards. Am I horrible?

we're doomed said...

Bah Humbug. LOL

hot girl said...

Lovely!

Lu' said...

Hi Dana :)

Another Suburban Mom said...

I hope the auditors go away soon. I hate when they come. Even though I ask the head of finance every year to tell me in advance what reports she will need, she waits until the last minute and about 5 minutes before my report generator is supposed to go home.

Schmoop said...

Good luck with the bonus and by all means send me a card, That's a cool idea. Cheers Dana!!