03 March 2010

Random Dozen


~*~*~

I had a rough night last night (more on that later) so today I'm going with the no-brainer post!


1. Do you prefer even or odd numbers? Any particular reason?

Really? I cannot believe this is a Random Dozen question! Didn't I just talk about this Friday?

Speaking of Friday, who is the unloyal reader smartass who unfollowed me on Friday - leaving 99 followers - after reading my rantings about having an even number of followers?? Huh?? Huh?? Don't make me search through the ISP list and find you! Fess up!

Yeah ... so ... even numbers RULE!

2. On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being "not at all" and 10 being Carly Simon-worthy, how vain are you?

I would be a -5. I am many things, vain is not one of them ... most likely because I grew up with a mother who thought leaving the house without makeup was akin to clubbing baby seals.

3. Among these Irish stereotypes, with which do you identify most closely? Talkative, Proud, Inquisitive, Love to party, Hot-tempered

Hmmm ... I'd probably have to go with inquisitive, but none of those jump out and bite me in the ass. Rumor has it there is a splash of Irish in my German blood, but I'm thinking it must be more like a drop. That or the damn Nazi blood has committed a blitzkrieg on the potato farmers.

4. How lucky do you consider yourself?

Lucky? Is anyone really lucky? I tend to think more along the lines of you get what you deserve, and I obviously pissed off the karma fairies.

5. What is the subject of your favorite post that you've written?

I don't have a favorite post that I've written ... is that weird?

6. Describe March weather where you live in three words.

Winter isn't over.

7. How apt are you at detecting blarney when you hear it? (Smooth talk, flattery)

Those of us with a cynical bend tend to be over-achievers in detecting blarney when we hear it. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that my cynical bend is a least 90 degrees thus causing me to err on the side of "that's blarney" when anyone says anything nice.

8. How "green" are you, environmentally speaking?

Mint green. I recycle (usually) cans, glass and paper. I take packaging into consideration when making purchases. I occasionally remember to bring my reusable bags to the market. I could do better, but I'm waiting for the kelly green folks to make it easier.

9. What is your favorite song this week?

Favorite? Again? I don't usually have favorites in anything. Great ... now I'm starting to get a complex because I don't have favorites!

10. You are walking along and see a coin on the ground. What denomination does it have to be before you will stop to pick it up?

It depends on which day of the week it is. Payday is Thursday, so if it's Tuesday I'll pick up a dime. Saturday? It's got to be a quarter - I do laundry on Sunday!

11. Complete the sentence: "Every time I look outside my window ...."

... I examine the ground to see if Jay has left any footprints.

12. What was the #1 song on the day you were born? See this site to find out.

Rag Doll - The Four Seasons. Egads I'm old ...

~*~*~

6 comments:

Real Live Lesbian said...

Damn, I LOVE Rag Doll!!!! What a hot song! ;)

Here, I'm #1....somebody better come along fast and make it 2!!!

Schmoop said...

I don't think Jay leaves footprints anymore. That man has stalking down to a science; I'm sure he's overcome the footprint evidence problem. Cheers Dana!!

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Can I come back later and comment?

Nah, who cares where I am...ummmm...my song: Little Things Mean A Lot - Kitty Kallen

Now THAT is old girl!

Snow shoes do not make prints ....just saying

Jay said...

Oh I'm easily a 10 on the vain scale. Maybe a 12.

My $5 Walmart t-shirts, standard short haircut with the part in the same spot that it has been in since I was 12, raggedy old gray hoodie in the winter, jorts in the summer with white socks and New Balance sneakers and $3 sunglasses just scream vanity.

Jinxo56 said...

To keep my inner Jack Benny happy I pick up pennies.
My number one song was Green Door by Jim Lowe.

Gina said...

I think our moms are related. And that, my friend, is why I am just about as vain as you.

I've lost followers too. I hate it.