10 March 2010

A Box of Bullets

~*~*~


  • My life has become a series of disconnected thoughts. Change can do that.
  • There are moments when I feel completely overwhelmed and do little more than feed my Bejeweled addiction, watching the clock, waiting for bedtime.
  • Other times I see the possibilities are endless - that nothing ties me to this place any longer - and that realization brings on another wave of overwhelming emotions.
  • I've been doing TONS of research on schools. It looks like the best "fit" for Cam in this area may be a private school focusing on what they call 2e kids - kids with high IQ's and with learning disabilities. Montessori schools have also been mentioned.
  • Anyone bothered by that graphic I used? It kind of bothers me. Odd.
  • I've also been researching education options outside of the area - specifically in the San Antonio, St. Paul and Seattle areas as I have at least a basic support system (family/friends) in place in those areas.
  • I think I've managed to "protect" my job from a legal standpoint. Another Suburban Mom gave me a heads up on Intermittent FMLA (I was familiar with FMLA, but not the intermittent variety) and it's looking like that request will be approved by the end of the week.
  • I've been toying with a career change - especially if Cam and I end up moving - involving working with special needs kids.
  • Insomnia has become my unwelcome friend. My mind feels the need to continue on even when my body is exhausted. Unfortunately, the mind usually wins.
~*~*~

13 comments:

Another Suburban Mom said...

Glad to be able to help. Hopefully you will be able to find a school that is a good fit for Cam.

Real Live Lesbian said...

As always, I'm wishing you the best. And an easy trip there!

Shiny Rod said...

You have some tough decisions ahead but I know you will work through them in a champion way. I must say that if you want to break the insomnia beast, a mental (and physical) vacation is needed. You have worked through some very stressful situations over the past few months. A little mental R&R will help the recovery.

Karen said...

Good luck to you. I also suffer from insomnia when when problems loom. Let hope in a few months we can look back at this period see how far we have come. (you know, "we" because we are all here for you in this journey the best way we can be.)

Gina said...

Ooh!! You should TOTALLY work with kids with special needs! That and you researching schools totally excites me for you! :0)

Jay said...

It's entirely possible that a complete overhaul is in order. A change of scenery, schools and careers might be just the ticket.

Jeff B said...

In this time of "What if's" remember you've had a big step forward in reclaiming your life. I know you know that, but sometimes being reminded of accomplishments helps the challenging times a bit more bearable.

Deech said...

What can I say that hasn't already been said here. Sure...its hard. But I think you are handling it well. You make what is overwhelming for yourself and Cam and bring it down to levels you all can handle.

I hope that you choose San Antonio. It would be great to have you here. And we do have one thing in common. You do know that two of my boys are in the Autistic spectrum right?

Librarian Lee said...

How is it possible for us to have the same thoughts/experiences/responses when we haven't been talking much? I have a box of bullets too. One minute the world is open to me and the next, I am a prisoner in some macob movie theater that I wandered into while sleepwalking. And I was up at 3 AM, unable to sleep, and unable to write, so then I overslept for work. And read this..thanks for doing the writing work for me. Come to Seattle and let's rent a nice, big duplex.

Lu' said...

I find the picture distrubing only because I'm familiar with your back story.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

As long as that is just a picture and not one of those thoughts keeping you awake, it does not bother me...You know I love San Antonio and having family is a wonderful thing.
HUGS honey

Little T said...

I am loving all of the positive action you are taking to manifest your own destiny. Good things are going to happen for you.

rage said...

I think the picture was appropriate given how you've been feeling lately.

Thank goodness for ASM. She is always there to lead the way when someone needs help.

I hope that are feeling better. Maybe a nice hot bath will make you feel better. It won't solve your problems but it'll feel good.