09 March 2010

Random Dozen - PLINKO Edition

~*~*~

I've been quite impressed with the Random Dozen questions week in and week out. This might just end up being a regular Wednesday event here. If nothing else, it's a nice way to break up the week ... well ... at least it is for me!


1. How old is the oldest pair of shoes in your closet?

The oldest pair of shoes in my closet are slippers. UGG slippers that I got free when I had the opportunity - through a former employer - to attend the grand opening of their new boutique store in Chicago. I don't think I'll ever be able to throw them away - they'll likely be the only pair of $100 slippers I'll ever own!

2. Did you buy Girl Scout cookies this year? If so, what variety?

I did buy Girl Scout cookies, and I bought the only two varieties worth having - Thin Mints and Trefoils (Shortbread). I'm a purist that way!

3. Do you know how to ballroom dance? If not, would you like to?

Ummm ... no and hell no! Any questions?

4. Were you a responsible child/teenager?

Define responsible. OK, maybe that answers the question. Growing up in an alcoholic family, you kind of have to be responsible as you are often "forced" to take on adult tasks. I was ultra responsible from the time I was 9 until I was 15. That's when my parents finally divorced and I went a bit off the grid ... so to speak.

5. How many of this year's Oscar-nominated movies did you see?

None. Not a single one. I have not been to the movies in over a year. I'll probably watch Blindside when it becomes a Lifetime movie though!

6. If you're going to have a medical procedure done, such as having blood drawn, is it easier for you to watch someone else having the procedure done or have it done yourself?

Let me have it done and let me watch! Actually, I just want to watch, it doesn't matter who's having the procedure done. Does that make me a voyeur.

7. What is your favorite day of the week and why?

Here we go with the favorites again ... I'm starting to think my lack of favorites might be a commitment issue.

That said, Wednesdays. Why Wednesdays? It's the night I volunteer for the middle school ministry. It's the night I spend with about 300 middle schoolers. It's the one night when I feel like Cam and I really matter and are loved. That is a good feeling.

8. Do you miss anyone right now?

I do. I miss several people very, very much and am trying to come up with a plan and a timeline to get closer to at least a few of them.

9. Do hospitals make you queasy?

Not at all. I find hospitals fascinating!

10. At which store would you like to max-out your credit card. Not that you ever would, you responsible person, you.

Hmmmm ... Home Depot or Lowes. I'm not materialistic at all, but if I could make my home more comfortable and welcoming for my family, it would be worth maxing out a credit card.

11. Are you true to the brand names of products/items?

I'm brand loyal on very few things. In fact, I can think of only one item I won't deviate on - Kraft Macaroni & Cheese. The blue box is sacred.

12. Which is more difficult: looking into someone’s eyes when you are telling someone how you feel, or looking into someone’s eyes when he/she is telling you how he/she feels?

Looking into someone eyes ... period! I have to struggle to maintain eye contact. It's as if I've got metallic flakes in my eyeballs and a giant magnet attached to the top of my feet. OK, that was a little weird, but you know what I mean.

~*~*~

8 comments:

Schmoop said...

Wow...I 'm like you in a couple of aspects. I dig watching med procedures especially if they're done on me. I was fortunate to have a dentist set up mirrors so I could watch her perform an emergency root canal on me several years ago, and had a tech hold a mirror so I could watch them shove a drain tube in my side and watch all of the liquid ooze out from around my right lung last October. It was cool.

Cheers Dana!!

Karen said...

I am a brand purist with soaps, shampoo, laundry detergents, lotions and such...with food not so much. Just with deli meats and hotdogs.

I also love the Random dozen, but I do it on the weekend.

Doc said...

I have found within the past 2 years since I started doing all the shopping that I have become brand loyal to the Target brand of most things. Oh and I don't like hospitals much at all.

Jay said...

I have a cabinet and fridge full of Walmart Great Value stuff. Even the laundry detergent which I was afraid I would have allergy problems with, but is great.

The problem with hospitals is all the sick people. "I'm sick. Help me. Blah blah blah" I don't know how nurses and doctors put up with it.

But, I do love to watch surgical procedures done. I would watch a live surgery channel 24/7.

Evil Twin's Wife said...

I also love the hospital I had both kids at. The nurses are all so nice and the food is actually tasty! The Evil Twin has directives to always take me to that hospital if something is wrong (I have a 2nd pick if the first doesn't have the equipment - and I also have one listed as "Never take me to that one. They kill people.")

Mimi said...

Home Depot would be a great place to blow a lot of money!

Anonymous said...

i'm SOOOO with you on the eye contact. for me though, if i hold eye contact my brain shuts off. i HAVE to look away to keep any semblance of rambling thought.

rage said...

I bought Girl Scout cookies this year and just had the person I bought the cookies from donate them.