29 March 2010

Just Stuff

~*~*~

I know I do the Random Dozen (randomly), but I haven't done a "traditional" meme in quite some time. I ran into this one over at Still Altering Habits and thought to myself, "Self? That might be kind of fun!"

What's different about this meme? Well, instead of just answering the questions on your blog, you write your answers on a sheet of paper and post a picture of them on your blog. I've talked about the intimacy of a hand-written note/card and how I miss that feeling in electronic media. This is as close as I can get to that on the blog, but it does kind of put a different twist on things, doesn't it?

The questions ...

1) Your name/blog name?

2) Right-handed, left-handed, or ambidextrous?

3) Favorite letters to write?

4) Least favorite letters to write?

5) Write “The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog.”

6) Write the following words in capital letters:
- CRAB
- HUMOR
- KALEIDOSCOPE
- PAJAMAS
- GAZILLION

7) Write your favorite song lyric.

8) Tag people!

9) Any special note or picture.

... and the answers ...


~*~*~

My Dad came across this photo this weekend and posted it on FaceBook. I thought I'd share it with all of you because ... well ... just because!

Funny, when I first looked at the photo I didn't look at me. I noticed the tree on the right - a live Christmas tree from the previous year that we planted in our front yard that spring. And I noticed the Rhododendrons on the left - a flowering shrub my dad bought for my mom on Mother's Day and one that flowered every Mother's Day.

My parents had a rocky, ROCKY marriage - one that impacted my life and my view on relationships in some extremely negative ways. But you know what? When I look at this photo I don't see any of that. Instead, I see the love they shared and the good memories they attempted to create. It makes me smile ...


~*~*~

9 comments:

Doc said...

Awwww how cute!

Evil Twin's Wife said...

You still look like YOU. How cool is that?

Jay said...

You have nice handwriting. I might just try that meme too.

Cute pic! ;-)

Deech said...

OK, so that pic is Cute! Funny, it seems that we were both looking at old pictures this weekend.....

I have a few of mine that need posting.

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

What a great picture of a young Dana...Love the smile.

I can not see your answers here...will have to look later.

Glad you are back!

buffalodick said...

I look at photos of me at a young age, and wonder- what the Hell happened?

Real Live Lesbian said...

Girl....you rocked those polka dots!!!!! Adorable!!!

Beautiful handwriting! I'd have had to do it over. I'm not nearly as strong as you are!

Schmoop said...

Jusy plain adorable. I too, eat and write left handed and play sports right handed. Maybe we're related. Cheers Dana!!

Vinny "Bond" Marini said...

Love your handwriting Dana...very nice...