02 August 2018

10 Things Thursday | July Is Finally Over Edition



  1. July has always been a transitional month for me - I think it has something to do with it being my birthday month (I've seen the same "disruption" with my son during his birthday month). I'm happy that July is over.
  2. Because? VEGAS BABY!!!
  3. My tattoo shop had Taco Tuesday special this week. They offered several flash sheets that you could choose from and all were $50 each. These may have happened ...

  4. The title of this post in my feed reader - Why I Love Fat Girls - initially made me bristle. I am a fat girl, but I decided to read it anyway. This line, "I am not glorifying obesity or excusing poor lifestyle choices. I am simply advocating the social acceptance of a broader definition of health and beauty—beyond the slim, toned and tanned, thigh-gapped body type we are conditioned to accept and promote," made me tear up. I have tried for many years to be what society has shown me was attractive and appropriate, and it has caused me much grief. Having a moment where I realized that what I thought was expected, and what people really feel, were so different was eye-opening for me. If I could just hold on to that ...
  5. On a lighter note, the widow of one of the only sports figures who I have always admired (Muhammad Ali) is selling his home. Yes please!!
  6. Ummm ... I'm not sure why you would need this, but you can make it if you feel the need
  7. Did you know there is an Amazon Warehouse and an Amazon Outlet?? I had no clue.
  8. The "People of Walmart" (and other) memes have always irritated me for two reasons (1)These people have not consented to having their photos distributed, and (2) It comes REAL close to bullying. I was thrilled to read this article as it made me realize I'm not the only one.
  9. If y'all know me, you know that I have an ongoing love affair with IKEA. They are now testing smaller stores, which ... *swoon*
  10. OH!!! And ... 2019 IKEA catalog!!

1 comment:

Mike said...

Did not know about other Amazons.