23 August 2018

10 Things Thursday | I'm baaaccckkkkk



  1. Y'all know that I have an unreasonable love of Post-It-Notes, vacuum cleaners, and all things LEGO, but this? LEGO molds made to be used with Jell-O (Jell-O being one of my unreasonable fears)?? NO! JUST NO!!
  2. I learned about Airbnbs on a trip to Colorado a few years ago ... and I fell in love! Far better than staying in a stuffy hotel room off of exit 270 just outside of some Podunk town. What I didn't know is that people have trailers for "glamping" listed on Airbnb. The Land Yacht and Vintage Caravan in California, and the Yellow Sub in New Mexico are on top of my to-do list!
  3. Summer is winding down in Las Vegas (thank goodness), but thought this was appropriate late summer humor
    (via xkcd)
  4. How in the hell does this country have 2.5 billion pounds of surplus meat and 1.39 billion-pound surplus of cheese, and yet 1 in 6 children do not know where they will get their next meal? I am just floored by the inefficiencies and waste in this country!
  5. Speaking of food ... did you know that one of the perks of working at a Facebook tech campus is free food in the cafeteria? Cities that house these campuses are fighting back due to a loss of local business. See? Facebook is evil on many levels! 
  6. And since we are talking about Facebook, do you need a Facebook/tumblr/twitter/YouTube intervention? This little Chrome extension can help you out! I'll pass ... I already know that I spend WAY TOO MUCH TIME online.
  7. Just about two years ago Cam and I went to the Hoover Dam and did the DAM tour
  8. PROOF
    It was a fascinating tour, and now learning that the Los Angeles Department of Water and Power is looking at adding a $3 billion pipeline and a pump station powered by solar and wind energy so that they can send water back to the top of the generators to help manage electricity at times of peak demand? Pretty dam cool (pun intended).
  9. Are you ready for some football??? Bud Light has put ‘Victory Fridges’ in Cleveland to help Browns fans celebrate their first win ... FREE BEER!!! Well ... if you consider Bud Light Beer (I don't).
  10. Can opener eye opener ... MIND BLOWN!!!

1 comment:

Mike said...

9. I read about that. 2000 beers for 20,000 fans. What could go wrong?