12 August 2018

Sunday Stealing | Blazing Stars

(via Sunday Stealing)

1 - You’re in a tattoo parlor about to get inked. What are you getting done?
Those of you who know me realize this is not a hypothetical question. In the last year, there has been this
And this ... 
And this ...

And this ... 
And this ... 
For the most part? I'm all about words. My next ink will likely be Robert Frost's Nothing Gold Can Stay.
2 - If you could be any character, from any literary work, who would you choose to be?
Wow ... ummmmm ... this is a tough one as fiction is not my preferred genre, however when I read The Outsider's in the 6th grade, I really identified with Ponyboy Curtis. Also related to my answer for question #1.
3 - You’re given $10,000…under one condition: you cannot keep the money for yourself. Who would you give it to?
Oh! Easy peasey lemon squeezy ... Three Square Food Bank. I continue to be disappointed in a country that has excess food that they pay farmers to destroy, yet we cannot feed everyone in the country.
4 - If you had to go back in time and change one thing, what would it be?
Again ... this question ... the "if then, than this" linear model works with computers, not in life. No changes here!
5 - If you had to delete one year of your life completely, which would it be?
Wow ... no ... see answer to #4 ...
6 - You’re an Action Movie Hero. What’s your weapon of choice and the line you scream when defeating your arch enemy?
I'm going with a lightsaber and ... "CONSTANT VIGILANCE!!"
7 - What is the first curse word that comes to mind?
FUCK!! I don't know *snicker*
8 - Would you rather be stranded on a desert island with someone you love for ten years or someone you hate for a month? Explain why.
I'm going with someone I hate for a month, because if I were on a desert island with someone I loved for TEN years? I'd probably end up hating them!
9 - 5 things within touching distance:
  • Leftover pizza
  • A red Swingline stapler
  • A half-full cup of (now cold) coffee
  • iPad
  • Ty Beanie Babies Socks the Sock Monkey 
10 - What are you supposed to be doing right now?
It's Sunday ... there is nothing I am supposed to be doing!
11 - Currently wanting to see anyone?
Yes, my friend Tracy who lives here in Vegas, but who I haven't seen in far too long. He's a kindred soul. 
12 - Would you go against your moral code for money?
Which moral code and how much money? I guess the answer to this question is "possibly."
13 - What’s more important to you: strength of the body or strength of the mind?
Definitely strength of the mind. Strength of the body peaks, then deteriorates. Strength of the mind continues to expand and grow.
14 - How important you think education is?
I think being knowledgeable is a far better quality. I'm not a stickler with the whole "if you have a PhD, you are somehow better/more valuable." I think social knowledge and life skills can be much more valuable in the long run.
15 - If you were the president, what would you do?
I would like to pass on the opportunity to be President, especially with the mark 45 has left on that office. 

5 comments:

Bev Sykes said...

You're the only one who agrees with me on the love/hate island question

Dana said...

Bev, I know myself well enough to acknowledge that I really cannot tolerate too much of a good thing ;-)

CountryDew said...

I consider any kind of knowledge to also be an education, so I take that to mean pretty much any kind of learning. I know most people don't but I think it all counts.

Lori said...

Great answers! I agree with you so much on changing an event or erasing a year. I have done bad things and had bad things happen to me, they have shaped me into who I am today. The bad years I have had have definitely made me stronger. Have a nice week!

https://lorisbusylife.blogspot.com/

Stacy said...

Love the sunflower tat! Ponyboy...stay golden. Great movie and book. I agree with you on knowledge vs. education.