31 July 2018

TMI Tuesday | Tell it to us straight or sexy…

(via TMITuesday Blog)

1. One thing that you will never do again?

One thing (there are many) that I will never do again is be a size 8. It just wasn't meant to be!
2. Who knows you the best?
Honestly? I think I know myself better than anyone else knows me. When I try to think of others who might be a close second? Probably those of you who have been reading this blog for years. You know my secrets, my struggles, my achievements. I can't think of anyone IRL who knows those things.
3. Do you think a relationship should be 50/50 all the time?
Oh hell no! And expecting it to be is a recipe for disaster. Look, we all have ups and downs and seldom are they at the same time as our partner. I believe what really makes a relationship work is to step up to the plate when you need to, and communicate to your partner when you need them to.
4. When was your most recent act of kindness? Was it appreciated?
I would have to say that my most recent act of kindness was allowing my son and his girlfriend to move in with me. Did they appreciate it? Absolutely, and the environment in my home is far different (BETTER) than it was when Cam left in March.
Secondarily? I'm putting the two of them in a hotel on the strip tonight so they don't have to get up at  6 AM tomorrow when the new A/C unit is being installed. And again, they appreciated it! 
5. Are you a good friend? Why or why not?
Well? Let me put it this way ... I am a LOYAL friend. I am a CARING friend. I am a COMPASSIONATE friend. That said, if you are looking for the type of friend who you talk to/see twice a week, the type of friend who always keeps in touch, the type of friend who tells you what you want to hear instead of what they honestly believe? You might want to pass on me, and I'm good with that!
6. What is something that you tried really hard to like but just couldn’t?
Ummmmm ... I usually don't try really hard to like something that I don't like. I prefer to move on!
Bonus: How was your month of July? Did you do anything fun, interesting, new?
Ohhhhh July ....
Let's see ... I turned 54, which is better than not turning 54. I had my son and his girlfriend move in with me. I've had limited A/C (like my house was between 88-90 degrees with the A/C set at 74 degrees). I'm about to get this Taco Tuesday $50 tattoo (designed by one of the artists' daughter) and eat free street tacos while waiting.
I took a DISASTROUS vacation by myself that resulted in the end of an 11-year friendship. July was pretty eventful ... it usually is.

2 comments:

Mike said...

"...allowing my son and his girlfriend to move in with me."
I see more posts coming.

Dana said...

Mike, I will say this ... so far it 's been MUCH better than it was when he left in March. They are buying their own food, she has a job, and they have a plan to get out *crosses fingers*