11 August 2010

Boo Update

~*~*~

I've been a little overwhelmed with the amazing outpouring of support for Boo and her family, but I did want to take a moment to share some things with all of you.

You'll notice that I added a "Prayers for Boo" button to my sidebar. This button was generously put together by Singlemama CC and, when clicked, will lead readers to my original post telling the story of Boo's family. It's also a reminder that thoughts and prayers (if you are the praying type) are a very important part of what we can all do for Boo and her family.

If you'd like the html code for the button, leave a comment or contact me via email and I'll be happy to send it to you.

~*~

I received an email from Boo yesterday that said, in part:

I can't begin to describe how much the love and support of everyone in my life has helped me through this. It's the hardest damn thing I've ever had to face.


She is doing her best to stay busy - to stay focused - continuing to be strong for her girls while mourning the loss of Moo and D'oh and promises to keep us updated as time and emotions allow.

~*~

Like so many of you, Nitebyrd was looking for a creative way to help support Boo. She graciously offered to donate 100% of the proceeds from any/all sales in her Etsy Shop between now and August 25th.

Clicking on the banner below will take you directly to Nitebyrd's shop


~*~

Again, thank all of you so much for your thoughts, prayers and donations. I will leave the donation button active through the end of August. You can access it at any time by clicking on the "Prayers for Boo" button on the top of my side bar.

You guys are AWESOME!

~*~*~

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Why do blogger blogs always eat my first comment?! It's like they are testing me lol

I havent stopped thinking about Boo and her precious babies since I read her story...thank you so much for the update! Please let Boo know that she is in my heart and prayers.

How awesome of Nitebyrd!! 100%?! WooHoo!!

I'm off to spread the word and #PrayersforBoo!

Thanks again for the update!

Another Suburban Mom said...

Thanks to you for organizing everything. I will have to check Nitebyrd out.

nitebyrd said...

Thank you, Dana.

Real Live Lesbian said...

I'll be checking out Nitebyrd, too...and of course, my thoughts and prayers are with your friend. I'm so sorry for her loss.

Just Me said...

I agree How awesome of Nitebyrd!! 100%?! Terrific!!

Boo & her family have been on my mind a lot this week. As they will continue to do so.

The Queen said...

We think of little other than Boo and her family here at the castle.. thoughts and prayers are always with her..

Sally said...

I'm so terribly sorry to read about your friend and the loss of her children. I will send up prayers for all of them.

Dianne said...

thanks for the update
I have been thinking of Boo and her family constantly

I read the post above as well and then just got exhausted by the whole mosque thing - I have edited and re-edited a post about it 100 times
I did like the spiritual theory though

Peace Dana