02 January 2018

TMI Tuesday | Happy New Year


Let's get this party started ...
TMI Tuesday blog
1. Did you make any resolutions at the start of 2017? If yes, how did you do at keeping them? What one thing are you still doing?
I'm not much of a New Year resolution person. It just seems silly to wait until some random day to make changes that probably should have been made March 22nd ... or July 9th ... or any other random day.
2. Pick three words to describe your year 2017.
Betrayal, chaos, death. Yeah ... rough year!
3. What was your biggest personal change in 2017?
Hmmmm, addressing my depression medically? Life became pretty overwhelming at times this year. I spent far too much energy believing I could just make myself better if I tried hard enough, all the while making myself worse. Now I'm moving in the right direction.
4. What was totally unexpected in your 2017?
Finding myself single again after the unexpected end of a 6-year relationship. If you're into platitudes, I'm sure this qualifies as an "Everything happens for a reason" moment, however sometimes life just sucks ... for no reason ...
5. What was the best thing that happened to you in 2017?
As a result of question 4, my son moved from my mom's house into a condo that he and I now share. This might sound like an odd highlight - having an adult child move back home isn't what most would consider a good thing, but in this case it was. It meant that I was taking care of my responsibilities rather than someone else having to take care of my responsibilities. I was carrying around a lot of guilt and was able to let that go.
Bonus: Did you make new year resolutions for 2018? Share a few with us? Any of them repeats from 2017?
Nope! I don't want to ruin my streak of anti-resolution years! I am, however, trying the one word approach this year. We'll see how that goes ...

1 comment:

Mike said...

I made a New Years resolution a long time ago and have kept it ever since. 'Never make another New Years resolution'.

Our son moved back in with us too.