05 January 2018

The Best Worst Year


This really does sum up my 2017.

Never did I expect that my relationship with the man I thought I would spend the rest of my life with would end, nor did I ever think I would learn things about him that really did break me - that made me realize that words are only words, and sometimes people say them for their own benefit.

Yet I was reminded of how strong I am - that although I let myself depend on him, I was perfectly capable of taking care of myself and making my own life better.

The death of my dad certainly made me smarter and wiser. I didn't realize what needed to be done (and maintained) while I am alive so that Cam is not left with a mess to clean up. I do now.

There were unexpected friends - people that I didn't think gave me a second thought - who ended up being so important to me this past year.

I'm grateful that 2017 is over. I am well aware that a new year guarantees me nothing - no magical happiness - no unexpected peace - yet there is a part of me that is grateful for the perceived fresh start.

Yes ... 2017 was the best worst year ...

1 comment:

Mike said...

Buckle up. It keeps on comin'.